Another Billy Davies talk (sigh)

Tricky Tree

Been on the cards for the last few days but i was surprised when i heard the news. Surprised Palace can afford those kind of wages and surprised he would go there, they must have been the only one willing to pay him 10k a week. To be fair, at the time i posted that, Freeman said that they basically had no chance of him going there but more fool me for believing anything a manager says.

Well you must be getting used to believing people who tell lies and spin; your board and clough appear to be making a career out of it ;) haha

I thought you would be used to the warning signs of a lie by now ;)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well you must be getting used to believing people who tell lies and spin; your board and clough appear to be making a career out of it ;) haha

The one with Billy Davies as manager says this?

Maybe we need a Transfer Aquisition Committee to straighten things out ;)

The spin he puts on everything? God, you are deluded. He churns out the same **** at every club he's ever been at.

I wouldnt class telling it like it is as spin my friend; he has the guts to tell everyone his opinion on the board and the way things work within the club that fans dont see. If only a certain man at derby had the guts to do so and wasnt a yes man ;) Billy can be seen as a bugger but he is also very clever at manipulating the media; i wouldnt believe half the stuff written in the media about him tbh. Even doughty tells you that.

Maybe we need a Transfer Aquisition Committee to straighten things out ;)

The best thing that doughty bought to the club in my opinion. It helps to ensure we dont sign claude davies type players ;) Someone needs to stop billy signing every player under the sun lol

The best thing that doughty bought to the club in my opinion. It helps to ensure we dont sign claude davies type players ;) Someone needs to stop billy signing every player under the sun lol

The best Doughty ever bought to your club is naivety, oh and huge bags of cash he doesn't mind wasting

God you are deluded.

Ditto, You could say im deluded but then im not the one buying into this year on year improvement crap and the argument we have cut the wage bill because we dont want to end up going out of business! ;) Deluded to me is believing the same old rubbish from the same peple hoping that they finally deliver on their promises. Tell me did you improve last year btw?!

.......or Dele Adebola????? I thought the best thing he brought to the club was money:p

Ditto, You could say im deluded but then im not the one buying into this year on year improvement crap and the argument we have cut the wage bill because we dont want to end up going out of business! ;) Deluded to me is believing the same old rubbish from the same peple hoping that they finally deliver on their promises. Tell me did you improve last year btw?!

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Come back when you've won a play-off match.

F*rest at Wembley = Delusional

When BD came to Derby I was warned by a Preston fan that there was only one thing he was interested in - himself.

After a very good season he then bottled out because the realisation that he actually got a team through the playoffs (when we should really have gone on and won the Championship anyway) was too much for him.

Could he get the team going in the Premiership? NO, so he got himself a big payoff by falling out with the board who didn't want to throw any more cash his way.

How many times as he failed in the playoffs?

The fact is he spent a load of money on poor players, and that has since restricted Derby's progress.

Forest had the 'luxury' of dropping down to League 1 to do their rebuilding, as did Norwich and Leeds and now Sheffield Utd.

Derby have not done this - they have maintained Championship status throughout the process. Lets face it 4th from bottom in the Championship is still higher than anywhere in League 1.

Clough and the board should be congratulated on this fact, not beaten over the head with it.

This season did not go as well as hoped - frankly I don't care - I support Derby because they are Derby.

And I couldn't care less about Forest and what they do - they are just another club who happen to be our nearest rivals.

When BD came to Derby I was warned by a Preston fan that there was only one thing he was interested in - himself.

After a very good season he then bottled out because the realisation that he actually got a team through the playoffs (when we should really have gone on and won the Championship anyway) was too much for him.

Could he get the team going in the Premiership? NO, so he got himself a big payoff by falling out with the board who didn't want to throw any more cash his way.

How many times as he failed in the playoffs?

The fact is he spent a load of money on poor players, and that has since restricted Derby's progress.

Forest had the 'luxury' of dropping down to League 1 to do their rebuilding, as did Norwich and Leeds and now Sheffield Utd.

Derby have not done this - they have maintained Championship status throughout the process. Lets face it 4th from bottom in the Championship is still higher than anywhere in League 1.

Clough and the board should be congratulated on this fact, not beaten over the head with it.

This season did not go as well as hoped - frankly I don't care - I support Derby because they are Derby.

And I couldn't care less about Forest and what they do - they are just another club who happen to be our nearest rivals.

Totally agree with your post, but the best bit is the second bottom line, part of which I have highlighted. COYR.

i don't think we can really insult too many clubs on their achievements on the pitch because frankly we have had a miserable 3 years. Personally i think Davies did a good job with us getting us to the prem and giving us a day out at wembley with our club which i didn't think would happen for a long time and i am happy about that, i think he made mistakes especially in the prem and those mistakes contributed to the season but i don't believe he can be held fully responsible for what happened that season, he has failed at forest thus far because with the money and the squad he has had at his disposal he should have got automatic promotion tbh.

No, BD isn't entirely responsible, however the foundations for failure were laid down even before the play-off final with his constant moaning about 'we need to get more quality', and the uncertainty of whether he would stay or leave.

I believe his comments went a long way to destroying any confidence the players had.

Matt Oakley and Steve Howard also bottled out of the fight and left (under Jewell) to get relegated with Leicester (I'd forgotten they also did their re-building in League 1).

Anyway enough Forest and Billy crap, Murray aint coming here.

No, BD isn't entirely responsible, however the foundations for failure were laid down even before the play-off final with his constant moaning about 'we need to get more quality', and the uncertainty of whether he would stay or leave.

I believe his comments went a long way to destroying any confidence the players had.

Matt Oakley and Steve Howard also bottled out of the fight and left (under Jewell) to get relegated with Leicester (I'd forgotten they also did their re-building in League 1).

Anyway enough Forest and Billy crap, Murray aint coming here.

He was right though, the players werent good enough and more quality was needed.

Archived