Football League Ups/Downs 2011/12

trekkie_ram

This season, I had an accumulator on promotions.

I picked:

Reading or 'Boro

Southampton or Charlton

Chesterfield or Burton

Next season, I'm only going to pick one for each, but I'll be picking a team for relegation as well.

I am leaning towards (up/down)

Championship: Forest (as much as it pains me) / Doncaster

League One: Preston / Carlisle

League Two: Crawley / Hereford

Anyone got any different ideas?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carlisles forward is going to leave in January, but they're still decent, as good of an option they are i'd be wary of picking them. Wait for the play offs to end, Huddersfield may well not go up just yet.

League Two for Crawley is a definite,

Championship i'd have money on West Ham, you've got to really. Play offs win I reckon, although there's a chance that they may not recover from the relegation quickly of course. But they're too strong to ignore. Doncaster is a no way, they'll be losing key members this summer but they'll survive. Leeds are worth a bet, depending on who they sign for their defense.

Are you talking about Francois Zoko? He's a great little player, I wouln't be surprised if a CCC pick him up.

That's the fellow, I expect him to be moved on by January, but Carlisle still aren't a poor side so I wouldn't like to bet on them going down.

For Carlisle United, it all depends on if they can keep Francois Zoko, James Berrett & Frankie Simek.

After the failed 2008 failed play-off effort, they sold Keiren Westwood & Joe Garner for just under £2million combined and they stayed up the following season on the final day, then they sold Danny Graham, but luckily they had Gary Madine come through the youth system and they bought Ian Harte (who was on a very much downhill slope) but scored almost 20 goals in 09/10 from left back! and they weren't all penalites & free-kicks, they sold him to Reading on the last day of the 2010 transfer window and he is one game away from being back in the Premiership, amazing story!

They had a decent start this season buying players like Zoko, Simek & Berrett and bought in loan players such as James Chester, who is now one of Hull's best players & Ben Marshall from Stoke. In January Man Yoo recalled Chester and sold him straight away to Hull and Madine went to Sheff Weds, his replacement was Paddy Madden (a player who Derby were interested in) but he has not featured much and he is more a player for next year. They won the JPT at Wembley and finshed in a solid top half season but they did struggle in the last few months, Liam Noble did do well on loan Sunderland.

Next year I think it will be a relegation battle at Brunton Park, as I can't seem them holding on to thier star players. Still it is much better than the Michael Knighton days!

As you can see, Carlisle are my second club.:D

For Carlisle United, it all depends on if they can keep Francois Zoko, James Berrett & Frankie Simek.

After the failed 2008 failed play-off effort, they sold Keiren Westwood & Joe Garner for just under £2million combined and they stayed up the following season on the final day, then they sold Danny Graham, but luckily they had Gary Madine come through the youth system and they bought Ian Harte (who was on a very much downhill slope) but scored almost 20 goals in 09/10 from left back! and they weren't all penalites & free-kicks, they sold him to Reading on the last day of the 2010 transfer window and he is one game away from being back in the Premiership, amazing story!

They had a decent start this season buying players like Zoko, Simek & Berrett and bought in loan players such as James Chester, who is now one of Hull's best players & Ben Marshall from Stoke. In January Man Yoo recalled Chester and sold him straight away to Hull and Madine went to Sheff Weds, his replacement was Paddy Madden (a player who Derby were interested in) but he has not featured much and he is more a player for next year. They won the JPT at Wembley and finshed in a solid top half season but they did struggle in the last few months, Liam Noble did do well on loan Sunderland.

Next year I think it will be a relegation battle at Brunton Park, as I can't seem them holding on to thier star players. Still it is much better than the Michael Knighton days!

As you can see, Carlisle are my second club.:D

Haha, either that, or your encyclopedic knowledge of the lower leagues far surpasses mine! :D

I like Carlisle, don't really know why, just something about them. Like to see them doing well.

Haha, either that, or your encyclopedic knowledge of the lower leagues far surpasses mine! :D

I like Carlisle, don't really know why, just something about them. Like to see them doing well.

Yeah, I do go the watch a fair few games every year, its a bit like supporting Derby you hardly ever get any mid-table seasons, its either a relegation battle or promotion battle. The last two season have been comfortable mid-table with odd Wembley game every season. :D

I used to get to Mansfield on a fairly regular basis, before they went all-seater. Used to be £3 as a youngster, we'd stand behind the home dugout. The late Keith Alexander came off the bench in a cup game. He turned the game on its head with 2 late goals. Pretty sure he was 37yr old at the time. (Just googled it and confirmed that with wiki, it's on his page, against Crewe).

I think Palace will struggle next season, if Robins leaves Barnsley as well i think they will also. In League 1, Yeovill have been punching above their weight for some time, done really well just to survive this year and quite easily, they'll probably be down that end of the table. In League 2 there's a pool of teams that usually seem to be around the bottom, Cheltenham maybe as a bit of an outsider, struggled for most of the 2nd half of the season.

Boro/Peterborough or MK Dons ----> Huddlesfield if promoted will be midtable

Huddlesfield/Walsall -----> Huddlesfield or Peterborough will win the league, whoever stays down.

Crewe/No Idea! ------> I'd say Crewe or a Playoff team (except Torquay) Maybe Accrington. For relegation, no idea! Barnet?

Huddlesfield/Walsall -----> Huddlesfield or Peterborough will win the league, whoever stays down.

Crewe/No Idea! ------> I'd say Crewe or a Playoff team (except Torquay) Maybe Accrington. For relegation, no idea! Barnet?

sorry are you saying that you think MK Dons and P'Boro have a shot of promotion?

Cant see Huddersfield being mid table, think they'll be battling relegation. They've drawn so many games and from reading a Huddersfield fans view on them he states they've been incredibly lucky in so many games and havent deserved to win/draw. Based on the 2 games i watched them against an average Bournemouth side they'll definitely struggle at Championship level, very lucky to get past Bournemouth.

Impossible to pick this early on, start of last season I had down on Kris Boyd and Craig Bellamy running away with the golden boot.

I never thought in a million years it would be Grant Holt and Danny Graham, it's an impossible league to predict.

Archived