Micky Adams gone from Sheff Utd

ramexpat

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He clearly wanted to go.

His wages there were shocking and it would of been 3-5 million to pay him off.

Have you read the article?

Adams had stressed he had wanted to remain at the Lane in a bid to revive the club's fortunes after a miserable campaign.

However, he met with owner Kevin McCabe on Tuesday when he was informed his services were no longer required.

Have you read the article?

Adams had stressed he had wanted to remain at the Lane in a bid to revive the club's fortunes after a miserable campaign.

However, he met with owner Kevin McCabe on Tuesday when he was informed his services were no longer required.

Since me and a mate know people at Sheff Utd I will stick with my post :D

he's not a great manager......strange appointment.....in a series of strange appointments.

He was appointed because he was a good option for them to avoid relegation.

Sheff Utd have been a longball merchant team for the past 10 years. (hence any decent footballer thats played for them has been sold ie. Sharp/Ward/Walker/Naughton/Hulse)

Before Adams, Warnock and Blackwell had them hoofing it. Bringing in Adams wouldn't have changed their style, just given them a manager with a pervious winning mentality at Port Vale.

If they had brought in a footballing manager they still would have been relegated.. Because none of their players have played passing football for the past decade.

He was appointed because he was a good option for them to avoid relegation.

Sheff Utd have been a longball merchant team for the past 10 years. (hence any decent footballer thats played for them has been sold ie. Sharp/Ward/Walker/Naughton/Hulse)

Before Adams, Warnock and Blackwell had them hoofing it. Bringing in Adams wouldn't have changed their style, just given them a manager with a pervious winning mentality at Port Vale.

If they had brought in a footballing manager they still would have been relegated.. Because none of their players have played passing football for the past decade.

Did he sneak in when you werent looking. Great finisher yes. Great at getting on the end of crosses, doing a bit of turn and shooting from inside the box. Ideal if your playing longball. Wouldnt say he was a decent footballer in terms of playing the game on the deck (which is what I thought you meant by the term "decent") which is probably why hes hardly featured for QPR with their free flowing football, even when he got himself fit.

Did he sneak in when you werent looking. Great finisher yes. Great at getting on the end of crosses, doing a bit of turn and shooting from inside the box. Ideal if your playing longball. Wouldnt say he was a decent footballer in terms of playing the game on the deck (which is what I thought you meant by the term "decent") which is probably why hes hardly featured for QPR with their free flowing football, even when he got himself fit.

He hasn't featured because Mackie, Miller, Helguson and Smith are all as good if not better.

Hulse for me isn't effective enough for a longball team hence Sheff Utd preferred Henderson. However I haven't seen him play for a while therefore I could be wrong in assuming he'd be a decent asset for a footballing team.

Sheff Utd have had a habit of having good championship footballers with alot of potential but seem to destroy them after a season or so. I looked at them as a poor mans Birmingham. Built from the back with alot of big players looking to score set peices. Horrible football team.

Archived