Derbyshire CCC

DerbyBoy7

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Stupid rule at cricket wherein players selected for test squads, if not picked , can return to their counties and play in games after they have started.

The current game with Middx started an hour later than usual, and Finn came on and bowled two overs before lunch, breaking a hundred partnership between Durston and Smith, now Derby's had been 14for 3 without Finn , I wonder if he would have been used if Derby's bad start had continued, I suspect not, should not be allowed, IMHO.

• 3 weeks later...
Heady days for DCCC

A win yesterday to go third in the County Championship, and a win today to go third in the CB40!

This must be the best season in years.

Its an improvement, but they still will not win anything, losing to Middx the other week put paid to virtually any chance in the League, and if they win the last two 40 over games they are still very long odds to qualify.

They need a couple of very good player for next season, not County league .

Going from rock bottom to 3rd's not a bad start to improving the side. Granted, there's plenty more to do, but I think we're probably entitled to be a little more optimistic than we're used to being.

It's a shame that we lost the Middlesex game, otherwise we'd have been right in there. Beating them in the 40 is an absolute must to stand any chance of going through. You never know, if we do then they may slip up in one of their final two games.

Either way, still the best season we've had in quite some time.

Going from rock bottom to 3rd's not a bad start to improving the side. Granted, there's plenty more to do, but I think we're probably entitled to be a little more optimistic than we're used to being.

It's a shame that we lost the Middlesex game, otherwise we'd have been right in there. Beating them in the 40 is an absolute must to stand any chance of going through. You never know, if we do then they may slip up in one of their final two games.

Either way, still the best season we've had in quite some time.

Middx have very little chance as well in the Clydesbank 40 mate.

Only the three league winners and one best placed second place go through.

Middx have very little chance as well in the Clydesbank 40 mate.

Only the three league winners and one best placed second place go through.

Yeah - completely missed that there were 3 groups. For some reason I'd got it in my head that there were 2, and it was the top 2 from each progressing.

As it stands, Surrey will be getting the runners up spot.

Ah well, still an improvement just to be 'there or thereabouts'.

Archived