Derbyshire CCC

DerbyBoy7

Its not football but I will throw it out there and hopefully we can have a good turn out

Quite a few of the lads like me will be bored shitless of no football come a few weeks time so we have decided to go to the 20/20 cricket match at Trent Bridge Nottingham on June 3rd.

Be good to get a big group down there have some beers in the sun, a sing song and generally a good laugh! Im not a massive cricket man but going for the banter and beer. Once again be good to get a good turn out and have a little atmosphere. Its on a Friday at 17:30 priced £12!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
Must admit am finding it very comical watching your shambles of a cricket team on sky, lol. Well I say cricket team..............

I have to agree. They are a shambles of a cricket team and have been the laughing stock of county cricket for as many years as I can remember.

they were the best side during the mid '90s and if the weather had been kinder should have won the Championship too

They were not the best side at all. They had a competitive side with the likes of Kim Barnett, John Morris and the emerging Dominic Cork but there were certainly better sides.

I like the fact they are a small team. When back in the UK, I enjoy visiting the county ground, sitting there on the grass and enjoying a few beers. Much more relaxed than visiting the more formal grounds like Trent Bridge.

They were not the best side at all. They had a competitive side with the likes of Kim Barnett, John Morris and the emerging Dominic Cork but there were certainly better sides.

I like the fact they are a small team. When back in the UK, I enjoy visiting the county ground, sitting there on the grass and enjoying a few beers. Much more relaxed than visiting the more formal grounds like Trent Bridge.

you can't really sit in the grass much anymore!!!!!!!! I was gutted, they've put a big temp stand up on the grass now! Looks nice but the freedom of the ground seem's to be dissapearing.

Dead easy to get to.

If you come in on the A523, just stay on it through Leek and as you come out the other side, on the way to Macclesfield it's right there on the right hand side. You'll pass the football ground on the left, and then a few seconds later Leek Hockey club. After that you go around a bend and then after about 10 seconds it's there on the right. Going past every day at the moment on the way to work, they've got a sign out on the road advertising the game so you shouldn't miss it.

£13 per ticket if you pre-order, or £15 on the day.

Good defensive bowling display to restrict Warwickshire to 137-4 from their 20, and then a fantastic knock of 72 off 44 balls, including 6x6s (2 in 2 balls) from Martin Guptill.

Ran out fairly comfortable winners in the end. Always in front of the run rate, and whenever it started creeping back, or Warwickshire took a wicket Guptill managed to find a few more boundaries to keep things ticking over and place more pressure on their bowlers/fielders.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64499165@N05/5873643784/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64499165@N05/5873643790/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64499165@N05/5873643810/in/photostream

Cracking afternoon, nice little ground is Leek. Probably a couple of thousand there, and made for a good atmosphere. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived