St George's Day

MrsRam

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Happy St George's Day everyone - let's see the Flag of St. George flying high at Pride Park tomorrow. :D

Happy St George day to you all from us all over here.

Beautiful weather, bbq, millions of beers....perfect.

As for moving it because of Easter, ha ha ha. Never.

Keep me English, keep me English til my dying day........altogether now. No............

Keep me English, keep me English til my dying day........altogether now. No............

Did'nt go into town myself but reliably informed there was a fair turnout of well dressed chaps of a certain age sporting the red rose of England on their lapels in Jorrocks, Dolphin, Tiger and Neptune.

It would appear that no one told them it was'nt really St.George's Day...:)

Did'nt go into town myself but reliably informed there was a fair turnout of well dressed chaps of a certain age sporting the red rose of England on their lapels in Jorrocks, Dolphin, Tiger and Neptune.

loads outside jorrocks and tiger and the neptune

police at all three locations

some fit women outside the jorrocks

no wonder i got to the ground with only minutes to spare

Good show boys and girls.

When i work out how to do it i will post a pic of my house.

101 6 foot St George flags draped around it today, the locals think i am hillarious, leaving them up until the wedding too!!

HAPPY AND GLORIOUS.....

Why not? It's an English tradition to move it. Why ignore our English customs and celebrate our own national day on the wrong date? Seems bizarre to me.

Should always be 23rd April, and will always be in my house, nothing to do with religion.

Isn't it a Saint's day though?

In which case... should it not be on a Saint's day?

I have no issue with anyone celebrating it on the 23rd of April but I hate the kind of people (this isn't you btw, just the EDL types) who go on about us losing our national identity and our culture, when we can't even celebrate our Saint's day according to our nation's own customs.

Isn't it a Saint's day though?

In which case... should it not be on a Saint's day?

I have no issue with anyone celebrating it on the 23rd of April but I hate the kind of people (this isn't you btw, just the EDL types) who go on about us losing our national identity and our culture, when we can't even celebrate our Saint's day according to our nation's own customs.

Who honestly cares. It's the 23rd of April, people are going to celebrate it regardless, whether or not it's "official". It''s a custom I'd never even heard about, nor as anyone I know so I wouldn't be gutted if we lost this wonderful traditon. I don't think I've ever read a thread about englishness or St. George's day without a BNP/EDL/racist organisation mention. Congrats to be the first, thought it was going well.

Who honestly cares. It's the 23rd of April, people are going to celebrate it regardless, whether or not it's "official". It''s a custom I'd never even heard about, nor as anyone I know so I wouldn't be gutted if we lost this wonderful traditon. I don't think I've ever read a thread about englishness or St. George's day without a BNP/EDL/racist organisation mention. Congrats to be the first, thought it was going well.

Well to my knowledge it hasn't happened for a long time.

I thought at least some people would see where I coming from. But nevermind.

People might have celebrated it on 2nd May had we got a bank holiday for it. Why don't we get a bank holiday for what should be our national day?

Well to my knowledge it hasn't happened for a long time.

I thought at least some people would see where I coming from. But nevermind.

People might have celebrated it on 2nd May had we got a bank holiday for it. Why don't we get a bank holiday for what should be our national day?

The reason we havenever had and will never have a bank holiday for St George's day is because the flag will always be associated with racists.

Like someone has said, this thread has ended up talking about crap like that already. Sad really.

Archived