New Number 10 for Derby?

RotherhamRam

I really like Ward, played very well last night (everyone did) the thing that stood out for me was the whole team never stopped working for each other and never stopped running, I dont think a team with Commons in would work as hard but then again who would I rather have in my team well it would be Commons everyday of the week! the blokes a match winner when fit and can be arsed..........

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i loved jamie wards performance last night. he is exactly what we need. fast, determined, good skill, passionate and he seems to be loving his football. i think he is the epitome of what clough wants from his players. i don't see him as a replacement for commons in any way. i barely see a similarity other than number. he reminds me more of a younger paul dickov. i would hate to play against a forward like ward. a pure nuisance.

i think it is just sour grapes from the blunts fans. i don't think ward is the type of player to just drop off his work rate and desire when he gets a contract.

Reads to me like most of them think he is a sick note, and one of them called us a second rate club, what the fluck are they:mad:

They are....

In league 1 with an half full ground of booing fans and none of happy memories we got from our 2 top 10 finishes in the premiership!

Or

Leeds uniteds slightly less self important little brother

or both.

Bye bye blunts

The chesterfield fans i speak to say that once Ward is armed with a contract the good performances and work rate will tail off... Oh well

Weren't he banging them in when he left Chesterfield hence the transfer fee for him. Maybe sour grapes. In the 4231 formation we would see him prob scoring like Commons not that there is a comparison as he is a striker and would get into position, the beauty about him although he is a striker he has one added bonus he can tackle like a midfielder has the workrate of a midifelder and can out pace fullbacks ask the lad from QPR re this.

He had one bad injury and apart from that his injury record is squeeky clean, infact that big injury in his time at sheffield united seems pretty much it, he's played a lot of games saying that he has only been there a few years, from what I have seen he looks a very talented player and just looks like he wants to have ago and play football.

I'd definitely keep him on, without a doubt.

Archived