Glenn Murray - Brighton

8Leeds

Phillips will be 38 in July. So he can **** off.

Phillips started his first game in the premier league this season today and scored after 3 minutes. He also completed the 90 minutes and I think he said in his interview something like "in all competitions I have scored 4 goals in 4 starts so I am happy with that".

Phillips could have a Paul Dickov effect maybe although I expect Phillips to score at least 10 a season.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we ordered him a big contract i think he would definitely consider it. His next contract is probably the most important in his career, something that's guna set him up for when he retires. He's a very talented player, it's just his attitude that's let him down. Poyet has obviously cured this and is getting the best out of him, i doubt Clough will be able to do the same.

If we ordered him a big contract i think he would definitely consider it. His next contract is probably the most important in his career, something that's guna set him up for when he retires. He's a very talented player, it's just his attitude that's let him down. Poyet has obviously cured this and is getting the best out of him, i doubt Clough will be able to do the same.

Can hardly call Murray proven at Championship level though.

Phillips started his first game in the premier league this season today and scored after 3 minutes. He also completed the 90 minutes and I think he said in his interview something like "in all competitions I have scored 4 goals in 4 starts so I am happy with that".

Phillips could have a Paul Dickov effect maybe although I expect Phillips to score at least 10 a season.

Kevin Phillips is a brilliant player, his wages are however scary.. if he dropped from 32k a week to something along the lines of 6 then I would be interested because he is a goal machine, on or off the bench.. he just always seems to score! however on his wages at the minute, I don't think it's worth it for what would be a bit part player, although he would be a very good bit part player.

Never said he was, neither was Grant Holt but look what he's done this season.

When I watched Grant Holt at Forest, I saw a player who was probably a league two player nothing more, in fact I watched Forest on a number of occasions and each time he was without a doubt the worst player on the pitch, he was laughable he offered nothing.

look at what his achieved this season, it's remarkable.

I think same could be said about Danny Graham, there isn't a guaranteed formula for how players are going to do, we sold Hulse thinking he'd be a star for QPR he is nothing more than a glorified bench warmer there, for these reasons you can see why it's a difficult job to pick up the right players, obviously some players are better than others but most of the time you don't want the best player you want the most effective player.

When I watched Grant Holt at Forest, I saw a player who was probably a league two player nothing more, in fact I watched Forest on a number of occasions and each time he was without a doubt the worst player on the pitch, he was laughable he offered nothing.

look at what his achieved this season, it's remarkable.

I think same could be said about Danny Graham, there isn't a guaranteed formula for how players are going to do, we sold Hulse thinking he'd be a star for QPR he is nothing more than a glorified bench warmer there, for these reasons you can see why it's a difficult job to pick up the right players, obviously some players are better than others but most of the time you don't want the best player you want the most effective player.

Agreed, look at schevchenko at Chelsea!

He scored twice on his full debut for Brighton.

Where have we seen that before?..

But seriously, I'd take him.

Chris Porter v Swansea in first full debut?

Yeah I'd take a lot of strikers, We don't exactly have an abundance of them. But Murray AND La Fondre (if likely) would be great. Both had a great season together at Rochdale.

Murray scored more goals tho!!! :D

Chris Porter v Swansea in first full debut?

Yeah I'd take a lot of strikers, We don't exactly have an abundance of them. But Murray AND La Fondre (if likely) would be great. Both had a great season together at Rochdale.

Murray scored more goals tho!!! :D

He got that massive gash on his head aswell (Ding Dong)

I thought Porter was God for like the next month, until I decided that he was average.

He got that massive gash on his head aswell (Ding Dong)

I thought Porter was God for like the next month, until I decided that he was average.

Haha, Yeah I remember having high hopes from that moment on...........

I don't like being proven wrong :frown:

haha:D

• 2 weeks later...

Palace to land Murray

Brighton star Glenn Murray is set to join Crystal Palace this summer, skysports.com understands.

The striker has played a leading role in helping Brighton to promotion from League One this season.

However, his current deal is due to expire in the summer and he has failed to agree new terms with the club.

Now, after scoring 21 goals for the Seagulls, the man described as the 'lower league Dimitar Berbatov' has opted to move on.

And skysports.com understands that Selhurst Park will be his destination in the summer.

Dougie Freedman looks set to guide Crystal Palace to safety in the Championship, and he is already looking at rebuilding his side.

One of his first pieces of business will be to finalise a deal for Murray, who will move to South London on a free transfer after the Eagles fended off interest form a number of Championship rivals.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6868835,00.html

Palace to land Murray

Brighton star Glenn Murray is set to join Crystal Palace this summer, skysports.com understands.

The striker has played a leading role in helping Brighton to promotion from League One this season.

However, his current deal is due to expire in the summer and he has failed to agree new terms with the club.

Now, after scoring 21 goals for the Seagulls, the man described as the 'lower league Dimitar Berbatov' has opted to move on.

And skysports.com understands that Selhurst Park will be his destination in the summer.

Dougie Freedman looks set to guide Crystal Palace to safety in the Championship, and he is already looking at rebuilding his side.

One of his first pieces of business will be to finalise a deal for Murray, who will move to South London on a free transfer after the Eagles fended off interest form a number of Championship rivals.

thank god but I don't see how he is moving on as both are going to be in a relegation fight?

thank god but I don't see how he is moving on as both are going to be in a relegation fight?

What makes you say that?

For the past few seasons one of the only things you can predict in this bizarre league is that one or more of the League One sides will be involved in a promotion scrap.

The way Brighton go about there football, I'd expect to see them up there, and Southampton if they make it.

Palace to land Murray

That move isnt gunna be popular. I really cant understand that, Palace must be paying him a decent wage, dont see why you wouldnt want to stay at a progressive club at a new stadium infront of 20,000 every week.

Palace to land Murray

I don't really want this kind of player (unless it's Berbatov), I want someone who'll work non-stop for 90.

April 2010, who thought in a years time that Sheff Utd would be bottom of the Championship with Preston just above them. Norwich in 3rd, Leeds 6th and Millwall 8th.

Don't write any club off until a balls been kicked in this league.

April 2010, who thought in a years time that Sheff Utd would be bottom of the Championship with Preston just above them. Norwich in 3rd, Leeds 6th and Millwall 8th.

Don't write any club off until a balls been kicked in this league.

fine but I can't see the club going forward with him.

Leeds built for promotion to the PL when they were in league 1 I'm surprised they aren't going for automatic

I don't really want this kind of player (unless it's Berbatov), I want someone who'll work non-stop for 90.

Murray gets goals tho......simple.

I really like the player and am uttterly shocked that he signed for Palace. There were people doubting that he would come here! (looks like they were right tho :rolleyes:)

Archived