Horse Racing Thread

EastKentRam

With the Cheltenham thread showing enough interest, i reckon a racing thread is needed. I cant wait for the flat season to start, Folkestone on the 4th of April will be my first meet, buzzing for that and hoping to get to Brighton, Ascot and Newbury as well over April.

Any tips, eye catchers or general racing opinions?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thoughts for the 7.50 at Wolverhampton

7.50 Wolverhampton - High Five Society 14/1 & Gordy Bee 14/1 Betfred

Competitive race this and i think Black Coffee is well worth opposing at 9/4, just got up last time out and 3lbs higher in a more competitive race i think he'll struggle. Chief Exec has never been straight forward but won well last time out, only a small rise in the weights but this longer trip is a worry. Only ever won at 8f once and this should be a truly run race, i'm not sure this trip will suit. Kyle Of Bute wont get an easy lead, is up in the weights without winning in weaker races than this, opposable. Northern Flyer is looking progressive and won well enough from a break lto, was gifted that race though and wont get an easy time if trying to lead, career high mark to win off as well. The money for Beetuna is interesting and is looking well handicapped, cant be backed at the price but is a danger.

High Five Society had a decent 2010 flat season, winning twice easily on the flat off marks of 60 and 66 in apprentice races. Comes here off 63 with Declan Cannon claiming 5lbs. Has a good record here winning 3 times from 14 starts with the trip not a worry. Returned from a 3 month break last time out in an apprentice race travelling well, was put in the lead that day by Leonna Mayor which wasnt ideal. Should strip fitter for that run and from stall 1 should get plenty of cover hopefully being held up where his best form has been shown. Trainer Roy Bowring has had 2 winners from his last 4 runners. I'll take a punt at a big price.

Gordy Bee is still lightly raced and ran a decent race last time out over the extended mile here at Wolverhampton. Stayed on nearer the finish for a distant third off a mark of 59, dropped a pound here and Toby Atkinson claims 5lbs to put this one effectively off 53, his lowest career mark yet. Ran predominantly at Southwell in his short career without really going close. Ran much better in his last 2 starts here at Wolverhampton and this is only his third start here, being stepped up in trip. Well drawn here to sit in behind the leaders and could go close for Richard Guest here at a big price.

My thoughts for the 7.50 at Wolverhampton

7.50 Wolverhampton - High Five Society 14/1 & Gordy Bee 14/1 Betfred

Competitive race this and i think Black Coffee is well worth opposing at 9/4, just got up last time out and 3lbs higher in a more competitive race i think he'll struggle. Chief Exec has never been straight forward but won well last time out, only a small rise in the weights but this longer trip is a worry. Only ever won at 8f once and this should be a truly run race, i'm not sure this trip will suit. Kyle Of Bute wont get an easy lead, is up in the weights without winning in weaker races than this, opposable. Northern Flyer is looking progressive and won well enough from a break lto, was gifted that race though and wont get an easy time if trying to lead, career high mark to win off as well. The money for Beetuna is interesting and is looking well handicapped, cant be backed at the price but is a danger.

High Five Society had a decent 2010 flat season, winning twice easily on the flat off marks of 60 and 66 in apprentice races. Comes here off 63 with Declan Cannon claiming 5lbs. Has a good record here winning 3 times from 14 starts with the trip not a worry. Returned from a 3 month break last time out in an apprentice race travelling well, was put in the lead that day by Leonna Mayor which wasnt ideal. Should strip fitter for that run and from stall 1 should get plenty of cover hopefully being held up where his best form has been shown. Trainer Roy Bowring has had 2 winners from his last 4 runners. I'll take a punt at a big price.

Gordy Bee is still lightly raced and ran a decent race last time out over the extended mile here at Wolverhampton. Stayed on nearer the finish for a distant third off a mark of 59, dropped a pound here and Toby Atkinson claims 5lbs to put this one effectively off 53, his lowest career mark yet. Ran predominantly at Southwell in his short career without really going close. Ran much better in his last 2 starts here at Wolverhampton and this is only his third start here, being stepped up in trip. Well drawn here to sit in behind the leaders and could go close for Richard Guest here at a big price.

kin ell! do you like horse racin' or summart?:D

Unlucky with those two mate, not far off at all!

I generally prefer the jumps so far, think it's a lot better to watch.

Gordy Bee was being pushed along a fair way out, never looked like winning. Trip probably stretched him and doesnt look easiest of rides. High Five Society ran well, hung badly left in the straight which didnt help but finished the one paced, will probably be winning soon. Couldnt of backed the winner on any known form so not too disappointed.

had a good day yesterday 2 winners and denman ew in the gold cup.going to uttoxeter today for the midlands national.I prefer jump racing but i still like the flat.sea the stars won me a few quid,great horse.

You can go Racing for FREE in April at most courses around the country.

I'm going Southwell on Wed 13th (Nite racing)

Here's the link for the southwell free nite

http://www.southwell-racecourse.co.uk/raceday/fixtures.html?mode=view&fix=1901

For other courses follow this link

Here's the choice & dates to choose from:

http://www.lovetheraces.com/free-racing-month/

Free racing fixtures in April

Friday 1 Musselburgh, Wolverhampton, Newcastle

Saturday 2 Kempton (first 500 applicants)

Sunday 3 Market Rasen (first 500 applicants)

Monday 4 Windsor

Tuesday 5 Pontefract (first 500 applicants)

Wednesday 6 Nottingham (first 500 applicants)

Thursday 7 Hereford, Ripon (first 500 applicants)

Monday 11 Ffos Las, Wolverhampton

Tuesday 12 Towcester

Wednesday 13 Catterick, Southwell, Newmarket (first 500 applicants)

Thursday 14 Sedgefield, Beverley (first 500 applicants)

Friday 15 Newbury, Brighton

Monday 18 Redcar (first 500 applicants, max two tickets per application), Towcester

Wednesday 20 Epsom (first 500 applicants, max four tickets per application), Kempton

Sunday 24 Sandown (first 500 applicants)

Wednesday 27 Ascot, Perth (first 500 applicants)

Friday 29 Doncaster

I've had three on today.

Each ways on:

3:00, Uttoxeter - Noble Concorde.

Ran and chased well bit pulled up a few furlongs from the end.

3:20, Newcastle - Sunnyside

Led well for the vast majority, eased off in the final sprint. Would have suited a shorter track, finished 4th.

3:45, Ffos Las - My Shamwari

Won :)

You can go Racing for FREE in April at most courses around the country.

I'm going Southwell on Wed 13th (Nite racing)

Here's the link for the southwell free nite

http://www.southwell-racecourse.co.uk/raceday/fixtures.html?mode=view&fix=1901

For other courses follow this link

Here's the choice & dates to choose from:

http://www.lovetheraces.com/free-racing-month/

Free racing fixtures in April

Friday 1 Musselburgh, Wolverhampton, Newcastle

Saturday 2 Kempton (first 500 applicants)

Sunday 3 Market Rasen (first 500 applicants)

Monday 4 Windsor

Tuesday 5 Pontefract (first 500 applicants)

Wednesday 6 Nottingham (first 500 applicants)

Thursday 7 Hereford, Ripon (first 500 applicants)

Monday 11 Ffos Las, Wolverhampton

Tuesday 12 Towcester

Wednesday 13 Catterick, Southwell, Newmarket (first 500 applicants)

Thursday 14 Sedgefield, Beverley (first 500 applicants)

Friday 15 Newbury, Brighton

Monday 18 Redcar (first 500 applicants, max two tickets per application), Towcester

Wednesday 20 Epsom (first 500 applicants, max four tickets per application), Kempton

Sunday 24 Sandown (first 500 applicants)

Wednesday 27 Ascot, Perth (first 500 applicants)

Friday 29 Doncaster

I've got 4 tickets for Newbury, Ascot and Brighton through this.

had 2 winners and 3 2nds yesterday at uttoxeter.cracking day, but being the moaner i was fuming with a couple of the on course bookies.one of thems minimum bet was £10.I went to another one and an extremely rude woman bookie insisted minimum bet was £5 when i tried to place a bet for my wife.she then took a bet for my mate and never said thankyou or even looked at him.I know im old fashioned but manners cost nothing and bookies keep complaining they are struggling so they need to wise up.If they think that women are going to be placing £5 on each race in at a meeting then they are deluded.to have a £10 minimum bet rule is plain stupid

I've avoided flats today.

Partly because I'm not too clues up on flats yet, but mainly because I can't be arsed to walk to the bookies!

Bet online, much more convenient.

I know little about the Irish flat, but it's something to do on a Sunday. Fahey has sent a few runners over, his first 4 runners havent done much yet though.

Luisant ran well enough for third, winner won comfortably though from 5lbs out of the handicap, still on the bridle about a furlong out.

Will have a quick scan through the other handicaps and see if there's anything worthy of a quid.

Archived