Horse Racing Thread

EastKentRam

Bet online, much more convenient.

I know little about the Irish flat, but it's something to do on a Sunday. Fahey has sent a few runners over, his first 4 runners havent done much yet though.

Luisant ran well enough for third, winner won comfortably though from 5lbs out of the handicap, still on the bridle about a furlong out.

Will have a quick scan through the other handicaps and see if there's anything worthy of a quid.

Nah, I've said all along that I don't want to bet online.

It seems much less real, and I'd become desensitised to putting more money on than I would in the bookies.

Plus, I like chatting with the characters in there!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not bothering today,regarding the flat it may pay to follow godolphin this year,they had a good year in 2010 and have done well in meydan recently.I havent any time for aiden obrien,i think his tactics are lets say unfair.

Agree about Aiden, dont like him always wearing sunglasses as well. Just seems a sneaky character to me.

Nah, I've said all along that I don't want to bet online.

It seems much less real, and I'd become desensitised to putting more money on than I would in the bookies.

Plus, I like chatting with the characters in there!

I was exactly the same when i first started out, partly because i wasnt old enough to bet online but could get away with it in my local bookies.

i dont like it when he has 5 entries in a race then gets all the jockeys together for tactics talk.Its obvious he is only giving a couple the chance to win the race,whilst the others are used to stop rival horses.this is totally unfair to the punter.

i dont like it when he has 5 entries in a race then gets all the jockeys together for tactics talk.Its obvious he is only giving a couple the chance to win the race,whilst the others are used to stop rival horses.this is totally unfair to the punter.

True, but it's obvious in advance that they're in there as pace setters. I agree, i dont think it's right but the tactics that each horse is guna follow is predictable before the start and the trainers of the other entrants know as well.

I've backed three winners today :confused: I usually stick to e/ws

2:30 Lingfield - Archie Rice

2:40 Kelso - Winter Alchemy

4:40 Kelso - Robbers Glen

Ive also backed Winter Alchemy in the 2.40 at Kelso!

Thats my only bet today as the others that took my interest are odds on so not worth the effort

Guna take small bets on a couple of decent priced runner in the small fields at Southwell today.

3.30 Southwell - Kingaroo 5/1 VC

Out to a very big price this one in my opinion with only the strong favourite looking a danger. Has won over course and distance and off this mark, ran well last time out only losing to a very well handicapped rival. Likes to lead or be prominent and should get an uncontested one here. Beau Fighter looks very strong after coming here unpeanalised for his win last time out, beat nothing that day though and Kingaroo is a much tougher opponent. I think these 2 should be closer matched.

4.40 Southwell - Mazovian 14/1 SJ

Competitive little race this where a case could be made for all runners. 14/1 looks a massive price to me on this one and is worth backing. Switched to 5f two starts ago he stayed on well in a Southwell maiden to finish 2 lengths behind the winner, that horse is a favourite in the 2.20 so will be interesting to see how that one gets on. Travelled much better next time out winning a 5f Southwelll maiden by a length. This is a much harder task but could still be progressive over these 5f sprints at Southwell, comes here off a lowly 66 with James Rodgers claiming 5lbs so is getting a lot of weight on these rivals. A few front runners here so hopefully this one wont get outpaced and sit handy in behind. Trainer Michael Chapman has had a good start to the year by his standard, 3 winners and 7 placed from 30.

Archived