Horse Racing Thread

EastKentRam

Picked a cracker today, if I do say so myself.

Andreo Bambaleo in the 4:00 at Hexham.

Nice little earner, went off at 14/1, giving me £30 from a £2 stake.

Just wish I'd put more than two quid on now!

That got tipped on the punters lounge.

Nice after eventing though :D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Was on Valantino Oyster each way at 25/1 in the 4.20 Catterick, ran a very strange race. Constantly niggled along, never travelling out the back and then just finished like a train to just get up for third. 1/4 the odds so decent pay out.

Hi EKR (and the rest on this thread),

I am a long time member of this and before the therams.co.uk but I'm a first time poster under this user name, I hope the admin gents don't class this as spamming.

I re-set up the account especially just to post this. It might look weird being my first post - but i am a genuine derby fan not a dodgy WUM.

I can see that occasionally you enjoy a flutter and seemingly know your stuff as well - so just thought i'd bring this to the attention of the you and others on the forum.

My best mate is a former stable lad working for a couple of the older classy trainers and he has set up a tipping service which focusses on ew betting of long shots.

His profit levels are superb since he launched 13 months ago - and without even worrying about joining you can see every single one of his selections since he started together with graphs and screenshots of accounts - he wants to be fully transparent and is. His points profit since launching are showing +418 (14 months ago)

Monthly members fee is just about to go up from 47 USD to 67 USD - but he also has a fairly tidy offer coming up for Ascot - if he doesn't make a profit during Ascot - then he gives his second month access free.

he's looking to cap at a max of 250 members (serious punters understand that he needs to not effect the liquidity of the market - too many jump on and it affects the price he tips up at) So far he has about 60 members but his results are starting to get posted to some serious betting forums and the members list is growing fast....

if you can afford to start with a bank of 100 quid/units/points (i started with 500 quid and went a fiver a point) - in 14 months of trialling I've never had to dip back into my pocket. He even recommends you starting with 56 quid.

Have a look mate - of course Ive got some kind of biased interest cos I've known him for years and I want him to do well out of it - but in my eyes and pocket sentiment goes out of the window where hard cash is concerned - a little snippet - my missus hates me gambling and went mental when i started "testing" with him - now she put's the bets on while I'm at work!!

If forum admin don't mind - I can pop up his selections on here - he gives some tips for free as a teaser on one of the betting forums - but I think the best thing to say is if anyone is interested or even curious - drop me a PM and I'll get him to send you the graphs and account screenshots..

if you've just got bored reading all of that - sorry :-)

Welcome to the forum PBW Ram and good to see another horse racing enthusiast.

To be honest though, i would never sign up to a tipping for a number of reasons. Firstly i make a steady profit as it is, although a lot of hard work i find it far more enjoyable to try and solves the puzzle myself, following someone else would take away most of the enjoyment for me. Secondly, there's enough free tipsters/information out there to not really need to pay for tips. Your pal is probably very good at what he does and it's something i'd love to do as a living in the future, but i would personally advise people to be very careful when paying for tipping services as there's a lot of frauds out there.

http://uk-betting-tips.co.uk/showthread.php/31495-Longshot-King-Trial

fair do's EKR - I had the same issues about ditching my own selections as well - i used to get a real buzz about picking out a few each weekend - it's especially a nightmare when I pick one out that he hasn't tipped - it drives me mental for about half an hour - then I sit back and think about how much the little bugger has made me over the last year or so...

just from a "interested to see what you think point of view" - have a look at this massive thread and I'd be keen to get your considered feedback on it...I'm guessing sometimes I'm a bit biased and protective towards him - but i really think he's onto something...iI don't think I'm being hoodwinked cos he's a mate...

if 200 of us rams fans went for it - we might even be able club together to afford more than one left back!!! :-)

By the way - where abouts in Kent are you - I left a job when i was 22 to travel around europe - i made it to faversham and goodnestone in KENT and worked on a strawberry farm for the best 3 summers of my life - never saw one european city during that time!!!!

Sometimes drive across for a game and of course it means hitting dover - if you're ever up for meeting a fellow ram - let me know - i often visit the farm still 15 years later!

http://uk-betting-tips.co.uk/showthread.php/31495-Longshot-King-Trial

fair do's EKR - I had the same issues about ditching my own selections as well - i used to get a real buzz about picking out a few each weekend - it's especially a nightmare when I pick one out that he hasn't tipped - it drives me mental for about half an hour - then I sit back and think about how much the little bugger has made me over the last year or so...

just from a "interested to see what you think point of view" - have a look at this massive thread and I'd be keen to get your considered feedback on it...I'm guessing sometimes I'm a bit biased and protective towards him - but i really think he's onto something...iI don't think I'm being hoodwinked cos he's a mate...

if 200 of us rams fans went for it - we might even be able club together to afford more than one left back!!! :)

By the way - where abouts in Kent are you - I left a job when i was 22 to travel around europe - i made it to faversham and goodnestone in KENT and worked on a strawberry farm for the best 3 summers of my life - never saw one european city during that time!!!!

Sometimes drive across for a game and of course it means hitting dover - if you're ever up for meeting a fellow ram - let me know - i often visit the farm still 15 years later!

So is that thread the tipping line he's going to start charging for? Any profit from gambling is impressive in my opinion so him achieving that obviously shows he knows what he's doing. He punts in a similar way to what i do on the flat, focussing on handicaps.

I'm in Broadstairs, between Ramsgate and Margate. Faversham and Goodnestone not far at all, Goodnestone is a lovely little village, played cricket there last year and have done a few times. Well know, sadly, for http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/july/10/newsid_2499000/2499209.stm

Archived