Lee Croft

wombatram

I see that Mr Croft played and scored in the reserves..... ...I don't know what it is with him that I just wish he would come good for us. I know this is optimism here but: -

Before we signed him he played well for Norwich - since then he hasn't really done anything apart from carrying too much weight and generally playing rubbish.

I would really love it if he could just sort himself out and come good for us Rams, we could do with a player of his calibre (like when he played at Norwich) and if he did (and I know thats a big hopeful 'IF'), it would be like a new signing.

I also noticed that he was taken off around the same time as Anderson, I wonder, just wonder if he will make the bench this week?

Or - I would be happy if he was brilliant to the end of the season and then we sold him for loads of money - but now i think I'm in dream land....

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

went see the reserves tonight croft had bad game kept giving the ball

away i dont think he put one decent corss in and the goal was a bit of luck , i thought anderson had a good game , with leacock davies took his goal well and was ok, one to watch is hendrick played well and his passing was good we we won 2.1

went see the reserves tonight croft had bad game kept giving the ball

away i dont think he put one decent corss in and the goal was a bit of luck , i thought anderson had a good game , with leacock davies took his goal well and was ok, one to watch is hendrick played well and his passing was good we we won 2.1

how did Bailey do?, we've missed him massively recently.

Croft wont play a part this season, he hasn't even got a squad number.

For what its worth I would love him to prove clough wrong and make a success of it here but it just won't happen.

I spoke to Croft after the forest game at PP, telling him I live in Norwich got him quite chatty. Firstly the 'fat' remarks seem harsh. Looked in decent shape to me he just has a wide jaw that makes him look big. He seemed really upbeat and happy talking about ncfc, Norwich in general and the nights out, as well as taking the pss out of me for getting some of the accent.

I asked him about Derby and his chances of breaking back into the squad and it was like popping a balloon. He instantly looked less enthusiastic and gave the 'ill just keep trying hard in training ' spiel.

The Guy is rotting away without a hope and he knows it. Its a real shame cause he is a good player and if he had a chance I'm sure he would give it his all and gives us the goods but it just isn't happening. I know Norwich fans were gutted he left and would have him back if he hadn't in their eyes deserted them (they are laughing now)

I remember when we signed him, another player of the year like Barker, Brayford etc. I also was pleased and looked forward to the great new player we signed.

Never did produce the goods, I give it to him he does try however just doesn't produce.

I've an old friend who is a season ticket holder at Norwich who said "Yes he was our player of the year but we got relegated and was the best of a load of carp, ran his heart out"

I was excited when we signed him based on what I'd seen him do for Norwich, but he just couldn't hack the pressure here for some reason?

Didn't he go out on loan and got sent packing from there too?

Sometimes players have a brilliant season or two then fall appart. Phil Gee springs to mind for one.

He went to Huddlesfield on loan. My mates a HT fan and said he rarely played and when he did he didn't do much.

Like many I was happy with the signing but looks more like a flash in the pan season and he maybe isn't up to that standard.

I feel like we haven't seen the best of Croft, maybe it's an attitude thing.

He came on against forest in the second half on August bank holiday a couple of years ago and single handedly changed the game. He looked electric.

Not sure what's happened since.

Croft really has been an enigma since arriving. I thought he was a decent signing and think he would still enhance the starting 11. Thinking back to all the chances Teale got in the squad I don't think Croft has had a fair crack of the whip.

I don't buy not fitting into a system based on the players we've got at the moment. For me, like others have said, it may be an attitude thing in training or not executing what Clough wants on the pitch (though how many players have been guilty of that this season).

It doesn't help when you have someone like Croft at the club and he doesn't even get a sniff at being on the bench, even when we struggle to fill it!

Get him on the bench once or twice and see if he ups his game in training, give him a hope at getting a game or 2 or he will just be happy to pick up a wage and not even have to play apart from a stroll around in the reserves.

I can see why he's lost all hope at this club, he's been completely frozen out and it looks like it will be the end of him here, why should he train hard and give a good performance in the reserves if it will count for nothing?

Archived