Wee Billy

Subman

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
as much as I can no longer stand the man, if he'd stayed i reckon we wouldn't have been the worst team in history. As loathsome, and frankly strange, as he often is for my money he's a better manager than Nige :frown:

A gazzllion times better than nigel will ever be. We should have given him whatever he wanted to stay with us. Completly nuts, arrogant, full of himself.....but lets be honest ther are a few managers in our history like that. Gutted we didnt keep him

He said himself we were promoted waaaaay to early and that was obvious even to the most deluded Derby fan.

It's one of those things with BD, I don't hate him as such bit I had an unease with him being manager.

I thought at the time that he was a genius. I have no reason to think otherwise. We didnt get promoted toearly we earnt it

I thought at the time that he was a genius. I have no reason to think otherwise. We didnt get promoted toearly we earnt it

Oh god. We clearly did. He says himself we did, we were not the best team in the play-offs, and definately were not the best team in the final but we made it and the Prem proved we were nowhere near ready.

We were not playing good football (barring the odd game like Colchester) that season but scraping victories 1-0. We were an aging team with experience and with good management we 'scraped' into the prem.

Oh god. We clearly did. He says himself we did, we were not the best team in the play-offs, and definately were not the best team in the final but we made it and the Prem proved we were nowhere near ready.

We were not playing good football (barring the odd game like Colchester) that season but scraping victories 1-0. We were an aging team with experience and with good management we 'scraped' into the prem.

Nothing makes ne madder than talk like that. We were the third best team in the league. We finished 8 ppints above west brom and beat them twice. What makes us worse than them????????

Nothing makes ne madder than talk like that. We were the third best team in the league. We finished 8 ppints above west brom and beat them twice. What makes us worse than them????????

*bangs head on table*

We scraped loads of results that we shouldn't, that doesn't mean we were an AMAZING team it means we scraped loads of results we shouldn't. We hit a purple patch and a very AVERAGE team suddenly got confidence, became stubborn and went on a run. What I mean by WBA being better is that they had a team FAR FAR better equiped to tackle the Prem and that season we had went to show what an odd league the Championship is.

Yes the FACTS don't lie. I'm not saying we didn't get PROMOTED am I?! I'm saying we were not good enough to get promoted.

What a GREAT argument....it must have been the whole 8 points we didnt get more than west brom or the fact we didnt beat them at wembley. Facts are facts. We were the thurd best team in the league.....fact.

What a GREAT argument....it must have been the whole 8 points we didnt get more than west brom or the fact we didnt beat them at wembley. Facts are facts. We were the thurd best team in the league.....fact.

Why did we fail in the Premiership in your opinion?

Because we didnt give mr davies everything he wanted, showed zero loyalty to a man who had done wonders with our club and employed a star.

Davies engineered his own departure Swiss. He realised the players he had bought were'nt good enough so manufactured a fall out with Adam Pearson.

If he'd of got stuck in to his work instead of trying to deflect criticism he would possibly still be here.

He cannot take criticism, its in his make up, just one of those things. It may stop him getting a top job one day unless he learns to control it.

We did deserve to go up that season, like you said, 8 points above the Baggies then beat them in the play off final.

So despite the fact Billy Davies (the hero in question) says himself we were not good enough to go up and it was FAR too soon, and the fact Premiership showed just how poor we were; and short of buying pretty much a new team we had NO chance of staying up despite the fact that most promoted teams just add a couple of players to there squad in an attempt to stay-up.

I am not saying we didn't deserve to go up, we weren't picked out of a hat we did earn wins, I'm just saying we were not good enough as a team to pose any threat once we got there and there were LOTS of teams better than us with far more chance of staying up! We at no point played good football and the play-off final went to show that.

Archived