About time derby fans knew the truth...

trooper

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Appleby is a former Palace Sports employee from the 80s and 90s and is no stranger to investing in professional sports teams. Derby County F.C. Ltd., bought an English professional soccer team in 2008 for $100 million.

wow....a $100 million.....don't tell Pete

Appleby is a former Palace Sports employee from the 80s and 90s and is no stranger to investing in professional sports teams. Derby County F.C. Ltd., bought an English professional soccer team in 2008 for $100 million.

wow....a $100 million.....don't tell Pete

There was a "$200m" to buy a "top European soccer club" in a US newscast on the same subject round about the time.Used to have the link to this classic archived,but got splatted accidentally.

why's it dodgy? I speed read it, did i miss "derby to be sold to fund it" somewhere?

Firstly, if it said that I would be overjoyed.

Secondly, it's dodgy because the company that would be buying it is Derby County Ltd as opposed to GSE or whatever the company who took us over's called.

Fact is, this lot are all Hedgefund and private equity operators. In my opinion, in order to raise large bank loans for investing in capital-intensive takeover projects and as such, they need to proquire loans on the basis of cash-flow as opposed to assets or profits. If they can prove they have the cash to pay the interest on the loans then they get them and then invest them in other 'projects'. The reason they are interested in the club is because we are the 12th highest supported club in England and as such, have a decent amount of money coming in. The only thing they can realistically do to increase cash-flow is bump down wages, we've become a Cash Cow if you will. In my opinion, of course.

What they'll do in the end, in my personal opinion, is offload the club with shed-loads of debt when our club's been f****d over to the point at which it's no longer useful to them. The fact that Martinovich got banned for lying about his stake in the club to get extra funding goes to shows this to be true in my opinion.

EDITED BY LEGAL NUMPTY MOD - I don't know what's libel and what's not :)

I think, by stating things like "fact is", and "what they'll do", OP is stating his own opinion here, mr GSE Lawyer man (if you're reading). If these posts get pulled its cos we're scaredy cats and don't want a legal battle.

Secondly, it's dodgy because the company that would be buying it is Derby County Ltd as opposed to GSE or whatever the company who took us over's called.

Fact is, this lot are all Hedgefund and private equity operators. In my opinion, in order to raise large bank loans for investing in capital-intensive takeover projects and as such, they need to proquire loans on the basis of cash-flow as opposed to assets or profits. If they can prove they have the cash to pay the interest on the loans then they get them and then invest them in other 'projects'. The reason they are interested in the club is because we are the 12th highest supported club in England and as such, have a decent amount of money coming in. The only thing they can realistically do to increase cash-flow is bump down wages, we've become a Cash Cow if you will. In my opinion, of course.

What they'll do in the end, in my personal opinion, is offload the club with shed-loads of debt when our club's been f****d over to the point at which it's no longer useful to them. The fact that Martinovich got banned for lying about his stake in the club to get extra funding goes to shows this to be true in my opinion.

OP - is this the sentiment you meant?

yeah, cheers mate, i'll bear that in mind in future.

I chickened out. If I was a highly paid lawyer versed in the in's and out's of libel law, I'd have a better idea what's DCFCFans.co.uk's responsibility and what's the individual's. If I was sure it was going to come back on you if anyone had any right to challenge, I'd leave you up that smelly creek with no paddle - as I'm not, I will squawk the squawk.

Archived