Nathan Tyson

Briggsy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will Clough sign someone who can actually play football not just running?

We already have a lot of players in midfield/attack who are useless on the ball (Green, Pearson, B.Davies, Robinson, Addison).

Tyson is **** but jury is still out on Bryson and Maguire.

well i can't say I'm happy about this but we'll have to wait and see how he plays for us before we kill any confidence he might have.;)

I do hope there are hugely better signings to come or there may be a few asking for there money back.:rolleyes:

Will Clough sign someone who can actually play football not just running?

We already have a lot of players in midfield/attack who are useless on the ball (Green, Pearson, B.Davies, Robinson, Addison).

Tyson is **** but jury is still out on Bryson and Maguire.

Not to go off at a tangent (isn't it funny how people say that, when it's exactly what they're doing) - but I really don't think Green and Ben Davies are useless on the ball. Addison, in addition, isn't a forward player, and isn't really there to look good in possession.

I also don't think Tyson is **** (not sure what that symbolised - but I'm guessing it didn't mean 'good'). It's an interesting opinion that the jury is out on Maguire when Tyson has a better goals to game ratio. How does that work? I also don't know whether forest have played him upfront or out on the wing - maybe one of the red dogs that comes on here can enlighten us?

He doesn't fill me with joy but we have all seen that he can play - he's lightning quick (from memory, alot faster than Robinson), and if we got him on the cheap, I don't think it would be a bad signing. I know nothing about Maguire so can't comment, but if he is our 15+ goals a season striker, and we have the option to bring on pace like Tyson in the second half to wear defenders out, it could, in my opinion, be a decent bit of business.

Anyway, it sounds pretty much nailed on. Not much point whinging.

We are all assuming that Tyson is being brought in as a wide man or for a supporting role to a main centre forward but did anyone see his dads rant about the contract position with forest? Hidden in the rant about the way the new contract offer was made by post rather than face to face was a small nugget about his unhappiness about being played out of position (i.e. out wide). Prior to Forest he was a straight down the middle striker with a decent scoring record and that is what forest bought him as and where he played for them in league 1. His scoring record through the middle isnt too shabby its only since BD has exciled him to the flanks that it has dipped (he scored around 60 goals in 140 league games prior to BD). Maybe cloughie has a plan that we havnt latched on too. For what it is worth - he is over 6' tall as well.

We are all assuming that Tyson is being brought in as a wide man or for a supporting role to a main centre forward but did anyone see his dads rant about the contract position with forest? Hidden in the rant about the way the new contract offer was made by post rather than face to face was a small nugget about his unhappiness about being played out of position (i.e. out wide). Prior to Forest he was a straight down the middle striker with a decent scoring record and that is what forest bought him as and where he played for them in league 1. His scoring record through the middle isnt too shabby its only since BD has exciled him to the flanks that it has dipped (he scored around 60 goals in 140 league games prior to BD). Maybe cloughie has a plan that we havnt latched on too. For what it is worth - he is over 6' tall as well.

I have thought the same thing, or even if we play 4-3-3, with Ward, Tyson and Maguire each can interchange position and all will chase down defenders then after 60/70 mins bring on Steve Davies/new striker (if we get 1) and that strike force with Cywka and Robinson looks very good to me (as long as the new striker is in the Howard/Kuqi build)

Interesting point there. It would definitely give us the option of interchange and filling in for each other.

He was a left winger when he started at Reading, not sure he was the main striker at Wycombe, though he did score plenty.

Colin Calderwood played him first on the left at Forest not BD.

It's an interesting opinion that the jury is out on Maguire when Tyson has a better goals to game ratio. How does that work?

Who are you talking about? T*son scored 4 goals for the last two seasons. He is 29 and always injured.

I also don't know whether forest have played him upfront or out on the wing - maybe one of the red dogs that comes on here can enlighten us?

Here we go:

**** him, D**by can have a fast paced winger past his prime who can't cross or score.

You can ask any of them and the answer will be the same.

He was a left winger when he started at Reading, not sure he was the main striker at Wycombe, though he did score plenty.

Colin Calderwood played him first on the left at Forest not BD.

Your right about Reading and about Calderwood first putting him out wide for Forest Smiffy but he was most certainly down the middle at Wycombe and also down the middle at forest when he first signed. My point is that his best returns appear to have come in these roles and based on his dads rant it would appear thats where he sees himself and is hoping to be playing in the future.

Your right about Reading and about Calderwood first putting him out wide for Forest Smiffy but he was most certainly down the middle at Wycombe and also down the middle at forest when he first signed. My point is that his best returns appear to have come in these roles and based on his dads rant it would appear thats where he sees himself and is hoping to be playing in the future.

Could be an age thing? Don't really see many successful wingers at 30.

Maguire - 1 goal every 7.25 games

Tyson - 1 goal every 3.95 games

Who are you talking about?

I think it's due to the fact Maguire is young, has bags of potential and is an international, whereas, Tyson just isn't.

Archived