Nathan Tyson

Briggsy

the bottom line on this is if he is not good enough to play for F@r*st why is he good enought to play for us ? , we need goalscorers , he is not it , if Clough & Glick wanted to show intentions of getting a goalscorer they would not look at him, ok we have Theo but we dont need another "hopefull" we need a proven goalscorer or a Connor Sammon (speaking of him would a cheeky loan bid be out of the question) type of young player with potential ... oh and he is turd for the flag fiasco

Wat a silly thing to say; at the moment if a player is good enough for forest then he is good enough for you. It may have escaped your attention but at this present time nottingham forest are absolutely miles ahead of derby in terms of quality. I dont expect you to admit this because you are derby fan but the facts, the stats and more importantly the league table does not lie.

It annoys me when fans dont want to sign a player because of who he plays for; tudgay and earnie and ex derby and i absolutely love em and im also more than willing to say that these ex derby players improve our side

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wat a silly thing to say; at the moment if a player is good enough for forest then he is good enough for you. It may have escaped your attention but at this present time nottingham forest are absolutely miles ahead of derby in terms of quality. I dont expect you to admit this because you are derby fan but the facts, the stats and more importantly the league table does not lie.

It annoys me when fans dont want to sign a player because of who he plays for; tudgay and earnie and ex derby and i absolutely love em and im also more than willing to say that these ex derby players improve our side

I was like that with Commons.

Bueno also had awful stats for Real Vallodolid.

Why would managers even bother scouting if all they did was search Wikipedia?

While I wouldn't be particularly happy if we signed Tyson, 2 goals simply do not tell the full picture with this player.

No it doesnt tell the whole story............... it doesnt mention his injury record, his ability to only perform in certain games, the countless chances he misses, the numerous crosses that go straight out or hit the first man when he has skinned the defender. Agree stats dont tell the whole truth but i feel that in tysons perspective, it does him a favour, lol

the whole Derby Forest thing doesnt come into it , if a player cant get into any championship team then why should we welcome him with welcome arms , we need first team players

the whole Derby Forest thing doesnt come into it , if a player cant get into any championship team then why should we welcome him with welcome arms , we need first team players

Well darren pratley cant get into the swansea team; you not want him then?!

We need "goalscorers not another hopeful" you say....then..."or a Common Salmon" "with potential" make up your mind.

the Two are completly different , "not another hopefull" is a 29 year old striker who imo is pants , and his goals per game ratio speaks for itself , "the potential" of a player is a young striker who is hungry for goals and has a bright future ahead of him self explanatory really

yes it is mate , thats why its not a improvment

But hes a midfielder; 5 goals from a midfielder who wasnt selected for half the games isnt the worst return. I reckon pratley would easily improve your team, he would improve most teams in champs.

But hes a midfielder; 5 goals from a midfielder who wasnt selected for half the games isnt the worst return. I reckon pratley would easily improve your team, he would improve most teams in champs.

for a mid 7 goals in 29 apps is not bad , but about Tyson as a Forest fan do you honestly rate him enough to stay at Forest

No it doesnt tell the whole story............... it doesnt mention his injury record, his ability to only perform in certain games, the countless chances he misses, the numerous crosses that go straight out or hit the first man when he has skinned the defender. Agree stats dont tell the whole truth but i feel that in tysons perspective, it does him a favour, lol

Maybe. I was never saying he was a good player - or even not a bad player. But his stats suggest he's one of the worst strikers in the league, and that's not accurate.

He's one of those players who everyone hates. He's good enough to pose a threat for defences, therefore opposing fans feel uneasy in his presence - and equally, his own fans hate him because he can do jack all with the ball. A true lose-lose player.

But I'll stand by my point; don't ever judge a player by his stats.

for a mid 7 goals in 29 apps is not bad , but about Tyson as a Forest fan do you honestly rate him enough to stay at Forest

Personally i dont care if he stays or leaves; he isnt good enough to take us to the next level so so i am more than happy for him to go. Therefore no i dont rate him enough to want him to stay at forest; after seeing robbie findley play it is clear that findley was bought in as a direct replacement for tyson, findley can take us onto a level that tyson cant because findley has an end product. Tyson is a poor mans findley from my perspective.

Its ok signing a player who has pace but if he doesnt deliver at the end of it then whats the point. As i said earlier, whats the point in having a triple jumper who can hop, skip but cant jump. You need to possess the whole package to be the real deal and tyson quite simply doesnt.

Maybe. I was never saying he was a good player - or even not a bad player. But his stats suggest he's one of the worst strikers in the league, and that's not accurate.

He's one of those players who everyone hates. He's good enough to pose a threat for defences, therefore opposing fans feel uneasy in his presence - and equally, his own fans hate him because he can do jack all with the ball. A true lose-lose player.

But I'll stand by my point; don't ever judge a player by his stats.

You are right mate, you should never judge a player by stats alone but they do provide a basic overview of a player. Its like you shouldnt judge a player by seeing 2 or 3 games where he played well in which is what i think quite a few derby fans have done after seeing tyson rip them to pieces.

You are right mate, you should never judge a player by stats alone but they do provide a basic overview of a player. Its like you shouldnt judge a player by seeing 2 or 3 games where he played well in which is what i think quite a few derby fans have done after seeing tyson rip them to pieces.

I really don't think you can ever judge a player on their performance against Derby! Our defence would even flatter the attacking flare of my overweight Dad.

I know they give you an idea, yes, but some fans (note, fans, not actual coaches ;)) seem to think it defines a players' ability (see young ram15).

It's especially irrelevant when we're not signing these players on their ability to score in a 4-4-2 system, or their ability to create chances in a 4-5-1 system. The player we sign need to demostrate the attributes we need for our playing style, and those things are so specific they'll never ever show up on a Wikipedia page.

Rant over.

PS, that wasn't directed at you Tricky Tree, just your post set me off on one ;)

Archived