Richard Stearman

Stephen Ward

Kyel Reid

Marlon Harewood

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A hugely entertaining game.

Wolves' first goals should not have been allowed. It was clear the ref was a little in their favour as for them to secure promotion as fast as possible.

Proudly, we didn't let ourselves be defeated. We pulled ourselves together magnificently and controlled the rest of the first half. We had plenty of chances and could have scored two maybe three goals. Kazmierzcak's free kick was excellent.

We kept up that spirit for some of the first half, constantly hammering Wolves and pursuing until Sterjovski made the breakthrough.

Then, we shot ourselves in the foot once again. Savage unfortunately failed to clear, a cross enabled Wolves to get back in it again. We still threw everything at them to make it 3-2 which I admire. Bannan was brought on too late. A Wolves counter-attack killed us off. Our defence let us down so much today. I am gutted we didn't win this game comfortably.

End to end stuff - we battled and battled - Sav must of run miles today, the ref was reffin useless again ! how Hulse keeps his temper i don't know - dirty dirty Wolves - don't think i have seen a team as dirty all season. Sav should of skied that ball into the stands - but our defenders were still more at fault than him - terrible defence errors yet again - Nigel was not happy with Alby - heard his comments when i got home. We did not deserve to loose that. Did Useless Eustace actually do anything ? i didn't notice. Gutted - we woz robbed

Hopefully that'll be us next year.

Don't hold out much hope for them in the prem, if we can make them look oridinary god help them next season.

We were thought of as being a dirty team when we went up to the prem. It's a fine line between competative and dirty. You need a bit of what Wolves has mixed up with skill.

Wolves looked a little industrial. There wasn't anything particularly pretty about them and they were dirty at times despite the ref giving many decisions in their favour wrongly.

They don't look like the team I would enjoy watching. I don't see them staying up but I don't see them breaking our record. Someone will though in the next few season I think.

Their fans were loud, but only when they were winning. When we got the equalizer and then took the lead, they were in stunned silence. When they scored one more, they were so very, very loud. They're a fluctuating support though and Wolves' attendance numbers have been unpredictable. They'll be filling Molineux next season though because of the opposing teams.

Originally posted by Collyer;9834

A real shame we didn't win, Nigel hit the nail on the head with his post game interview.

Wolves will deffo struggle next season, lets hope they can top our record

Oh i do hope so - wouldn't that be good

I don't want to be the worst team in history :mad:

Originally posted by JoeMadRam;9836

Wolves looked a little industrial. There wasn't anything particularly pretty about them and they were dirty at times despite the ref giving many decisions in their favour wrongly.

They don't look like the team I would enjoy watching. I don't see them staying up but I don't see them breaking our record. Someone will though in the next few season I think.

Their fans were loud, but only when they were winning. When we got the equalizer and then took the lead, they were in stunned silence. When they scored one more, they were so very, very loud. They're a fluctuating support though and Wolves' attendance numbers have been unpredictable. They'll be filling Molineux next season though because of the opposing teams.

The song selection wasn't very varied though was it

Keogh smashed in a wonderful first-time shot from 20 yards to put the visitors ahead. - funnythat bbc, how big is our box then as he was atleast 3 yards inside it.I can complain about so many things during the match, we played the better football in my opinion and although McCarthy on BBC said they were rubbish - it just ain't good enough for me.

I can think of several different points in the game inwhich the ref acted unfairly towards us, none the least our penalty shout, which to me - from the other end of the stadium - looked asif Mile was through on goal before the 'keeper took him down.

The shove in the back of Todd for their first goal was laughable, as was the blatant handball in the build up to Jarvis' equalizer.

We can take pride in the fact that we were all over them from large portions of the game and had Hulse' header at the stroke of half time gone in, or had we got a few more of our freekicks for them having piggybacks we could have maybe won 5-3..

As for their fans - They were loud WHEN they sang - they just didn't sing that often, as if after every chant they needed to charge for 10 minutes before they could sing again.

There were some definate positives to take from the result: Kaz was fantastc in the middle for us, he passed well, made some good tackles, won the ball in the air and had a few efforts on goal before his freekick. I hope he isn't injured for long.

Albrechtsen and Todd - despite us conceeding 3 goals - looked sturdy. Hulse won the ball in the air and Commons seemed willing to run with the ball, Teale was once again highly dangerous.

If we look at the stats we had 17 shots to their 8, and on another point they fouled us 15 times - should have been atleast double that!

Still angry that we lost a game we deserved to win - but atleast we made the effort, that's all i ask of any player who pulls on a Derby shirt.

We must have been the better side as Paul Merson said that we were the most likely team tos core at 2-1 and said we shouldn't have lost that game.

End of the day: Wolves will go up, they will beat our points tally with ease, they will still come down. We need to look to next season now - we are safe in my opinion.

Archived