Radio Derby and the PFA

mcsilks

Well, if people aren't happy with Radio Derby, you don't have to listen! Personally, I think they're doing a good job. Their coverage of the club is indepth, much more indepth that alot of other stations out there. I listen to all of the away matches on Radio Derby, and I'm satisfied with their coverage. Granted, it's hard to replace the great Graham Richards, but the same can be said about other sports, such as F1 with Murray Walker being hard to replace. In my opinion, Colin Bloomfield is certainly trying his best and has improved with time.

Colin Gibson has done well in recent weeks too, asking good questions to key people at the club. These questions would be very hard to ask if it wasn't for the radio station. Do you think that they'd release all of the information we want to know on the official website? I think not.

Anyway, it's just my opinion.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, if people aren't happy with Radio Derby, you don't have to listen! Personally, I think they're doing a good job. Their coverage of the club is indepth, much more indepth that alot of other stations out there. I listen to all of the away matches on Radio Derby, and I'm satisfied with their coverage. Granted, it's hard to replace the great Graham Richards, but the same can be said about other sports, such as F1 with Murray Walker being hard to replace. In my opinion, Colin Bloomfield is certainly trying his best and has improved with time.

Colin Gibson has done well in recent weeks too, asking good questions to key people at the club. These questions would be very hard to ask if it wasn't for the radio station. Do you think that they'd release all of the information we want to know on the official website? I think not.

Anyway, it's just my opinion.

You kind of do though if you want fans opnions and matchday commentary. Can't get it anywhere else.

You kind of do though if you want fans opnions and matchday commentary. Can't get it anywhere else.

I guess if you're not happy with Radio Derby and you have suggestions on how they could improve their coverage, you can write to the station with your suggestions. It's probably worth a try and they may well take note of your suggestions.

I guess if you're not happy with Radio Derby and you have suggestions on how they could improve their coverage, you can write to the station with your suggestions. It's probably worth a try and they may well take note of your suggestions.

Footymadme has though. His requests got thrown out by Gibbo.

Read somewhere on here today that footmadme asked him to read the scores out slower. Gibson said they didn't have time to. Charming.

If it's at half time you mean, I guess he has a point, but they do have lots of stuff to fit in to those 15 minutes, like reports from Burton and Chesterfield etc. To be fair, I've listened to Radio 5 too before and they read the scores quite fast too at times.

gibson

Read somewhere on here today that footmadme asked him to read the scores out slower. Gibson said they didn't have time to. Charming.

has an attitude problem and somebody on here said he was surprised

somebody had not headbutted him by now , well i'm not a violent man

but as i ride to the match and the team n.c is putting out is read out by

either of the colins i more often than not am spitting swear words at

the radio as i cannot digest each name as it is read by them ....

i'll say to my son ...did you get that ? and his answer will be .......

no dad ...too quick AGAIN .........

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.:mad:

and , to the poster who said DONT LISTEN .......

no ............................gibbo and bloody bloomers ( good name that with

all the mistakes they both make ) the customer is always right ......

THEY SHOULD BLOODY LISTEN....................................:mad:

ENOUGH SAID.........sorry to rant.:)

I work quite a few saturdays and HAVE to listen to the match on radio derby...the comentary is saved only by roger davies, colin bloomfield is a complete bufoon and as for gibbo he's just been at it too long and has had his day..time for a change i think..

As for ringing radio derby and suggesting this if colin gibson was rude because he hasnt even got time to read the scores out properly can you imagine what he do with this suggestion:D

I don't listen to RD often. I use the Internet for news on Derby and on matchdays I can't because I'm not in Derby, I'm not paying for RamsPlayer.

That said I don't see what they've done wrong in this situation at all. They're journalists and did their job. DCFC have their own press people who can release whatever statements they want. RD can go to whatever source of info they like as long as it's relevant and they feel it's newsworthy.

I don't listen to RD often. I use the Internet for news on Derby and on matchdays I can't because I'm not in Derby, I'm not paying for RamsPlayer.

That said I don't see what they've done wrong in this situation at all. They're journalists and did their job. DCFC have their own press people who can release whatever statements they want. RD can go to whatever source of info they like as long as it's relevant and they feel it's newsworthy.

I think your first paragraph explains the second paragraph to be honest.

It's not just that incident, but the snide remarks and dragging it up time and again.

Anyway, it was a far more balanced on Monday so maybe we'll see an improvement and they will actually get over the Crawley no-show. :)

Archived