GSE should be ashamed.

Stimacked

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lack of money enough talented players is what sits at the root of all the bitching about the management team at Derby.

You and others blame Clough again and again, pay lip service to the lack of players, then blather on again about minor detail - like he should have played one inexperienced / injured / over-the-hill / not good enough player, in place of another in the same mould, or tried another tactic etc.

Until we've all seen what he can do with a decent squad, the majority of fans will have no truck with those who snipe about the minor detail - especially coming from fellow fans with no more professional football or football management experience than the next fan.

Pete I'm beginning to wonder if you read posts or just see something within it that doesn't agree with everything Nigel does and then you just post 'you're sniping away', 'it's not his fault' blah blah blah.

My post is in response to the opening post. You think then that a lack of funding from GSE is the root of him not having an experienced No2? Personally I think he should have whatever back room staff he thinks and don't blame GSE for who he appointed, he should pick who he feels comfortable to work with, never said I had an issue with his staff but the original poster implied it was a problem and it was down to GSE. Also I don't know his scouting team. I have no idea about how effective it is, do you? I'm not sure anyone does but again the original poster blamed his scouting network on GSE, well is there even a problem with it and if so then why is that the fault of GSE? The press, I think you're one of the ones who doesn't have a problem with his comments about Cywka therefore why is GSE to blame about what he does in the media? To blame for what?

Rather than some of us 'sniping' at him and ignoring the issue it is becoming more like you ignoring anything other than anti-GSE posts. Had this post started with points about Nigel you would have been all over it but as it's GSE, it doesn't matter how ridiculous the claims are, you won't say anything against it.

Oh and also my point about the players in the Watford game was in response to a poster again laying it all at GSE's door. Now with more investment he'd have more to play with in terms of player and can rotate but that doesn't mean it's the root of every tactical decision. Not everything is their fault but I guess some can't comprehend that or don't want to accept that.

Could Nigel succeed with money? Who knows hopefully he gets some and does. Hopefully he turns out to be a great manager for us but don't be so blinded that every anti-GSE is accepted and every anti-Clough is moaned about.

I am sorry but if we lose tomorrow against The stinking Fox Piss and continue on this downward spiral, I think we have to accept that Mr. Clough Jr. may not be up for renewal.

GSE will perhaps not think so, but lets be honest, what do they know about soccer???

Jesus! How about maybe we have to accept that we haven't got a strong enough team. I can't believe how pig-headed some of you are being about this!

There you hear a quote from the #2 in the management team, spelling it out in plain, errrrm Dutch, that we are stuggling even to afford loan fees.

I don't care how strongly you keep putting over these statements, you're wrong mate - just as you were the other day when insisting over again that Clough senior never criticised players in public.

Go read the DET article today where Roy Mac recalls the headline where Clough snr brands him "a disgrace" and see what **** you can pick up to pedal on here!

We can't do anything about the lack of investment, but we can back the players and the management in doing the best they can. Your constant sniping is not helping mate.

Pete I'm beginning to wonder if you read posts or just see something within it that doesn't agree with everything Nigel does and then you just post 'you're sniping away', 'it's not his fault' blah blah blah.

I don't comment on much of the detail, as it's like picking the fleas off a dying dog.

The major issue is lack of funding to buy players, everything else is secondary, because until it's sorted ANY manager is going to be hamstrung by the same restrictions. Of course funding influences his tactical decisions - the available players dictate the tactics.

You think you know better than the manager about who to play? OK, we all have those moments, but have a good hard think about that sometime, because you'll get 10,000 different opinions!

I agree with you about the #2 - or at least I did before the subtle behind the scenes changes early in the season. Metgod is a pretty good #2.

Archived