Benni McCarthy - West Ham

trooper

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After weighing in at a meaty 15st at the start of ther season, McCarthy was told that he would have to reach 13st 5lb before he would be considered for first-team duties again.

The South African eventually reached his target weight in October, but has now been omitted from West Ham’s 25-man Premier League squad for the remainder of the season over concerns that his body fat count is still on a par with that of a donner kebab.

So said Hammers manager Avram Grant:

“He’s a very good player and one of the best finishers in training that I have ever seen, and I have had some good players. But now we need players with movement and the advantage of being quick, and we have others.â€

McCarthy’s agent Rob Moore (he robs more!) told the Mail:

“He wants to play and is not a guy who wants to sit around and collect his cheque.â€

Quite right, he’s the kind of guy that wants to sit around and eat chicken nuggets.

I'm sure it was McCarthy that Savage told a story about when he was at Blackburn - apparently after one game they looked at the Prozone stats and discovered that the keeper had covered a greater distance than Benni :) - really hope we're not in for him.....

McCarthy’s agent Rob Moore (he robs more!) told the Mail:

“He wants to play and is not a guy who wants to sit around and collect his cheque.â€

Quite right, he’s the kind of guy that wants to sit around and eat chicken nuggets.

... and collect his cheque. :D

Sounds like all those kebabs and chicken nuggets have robbed him of his hunger...

The paradox is that if he was fit and up for it then he'd be a good signing for us, or any Championship club. But if he was fit and up for it then West Ham wouldn't be leaving him out of the squad, so there'd be no suggestion of him coming to us or anywhere else.

After weighing in at a meaty 15st at the start of ther season, McCarthy was told that he would have to reach 13st 5lb before he would be considered for first-team duties again.

Meaty? I'm 16st 2lb...what does that make me?

According to Wiki he is 6ft, I'm also 6ft 5" with a big willy so I guess I'm ok.

Archived