Songs

Asanovic

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apologies, working link now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ozKyZbPF74

That is a bloody good shout in my opinion.

Far too many words for Derby fans though, and i've not heard Palace singing it yet. ;)

It would be interesting to know if the chant thread from the DET is still knocking about on some server somewhere, anyone know how to contact Daz or Reverend was it? See if they can resurrect it - some class one's on there (as well as mostly ****).

The only one I can really remember (because it was mine) was this one:

To the tune of "Give Me Joy in My Heart"

We're the Rams from Pride Park, we are Derby,

We're the Rams from Pride Park, Der-by,

We're the Rams from Pride Park, we are Derby,

We'll follow-you home or away. (Needs changing, as it doesn't really fit)

We are Derby!

We are Derby!

We are Derby, we're the super Rams.

We are Derby!

We are Derby!

Keep the Rams in my heart, keep me Derby,

Keep the Rams in my heart, I pray,

Keep the Rams in my heart, keep me Derby,

Keep me Derby 'til my dying day.

We are Derby!

We are Derby!

We are Derby!

We are Derby!

I also remember one I did to the tune of "Songbird" by Oasis, but it was really long, and I can't fully remember it. If I do i'll put it up, as people seemed to like it for a change.

It was just embarassing singing the 'We Love You' chant today, made us look a right bunch of unimaginitive mongs.

You will find EKR that we sung to palace "palace palace give us a song...." and when they didnt we sung the we love you song as to which we ended it "same old derby taking the p*ss........"

Thats all it was!! A mickey taking because they wernt singing anything!

You will find EKR that we sung to palace "palace palace give us a song...." and when they didnt we sung the we love you song as to which we ended it "same old derby taking the p*ss........"

Thats all it was!! A mickey taking because they wernt singing anything!

True, but that didnt happen everytime we sung it. I suppose singing 'Just Cant Get Enough' was taking the piss out of Celtic as well.

I thought their home support wasnt too bad, that little corner in the holmesdale end piped up with a few loud chants.

Great support yesterday - same old cringey songs but I was impressed with the volume, and the backing of Clough.

I'm not overly fussed about new songs, just think it's a same that we don't have a defining song - one that is instantly recognisable as Derby...I'm just listening to Man City sing Blue Moon.

True, but that didnt happen everytime we sung it. I suppose singing 'Just Cant Get Enough' was taking the piss out of Celtic as well.

I thought their home support wasnt too bad, that little corner in the holmesdale end piped up with a few loud chants.

Yeah but I think the Palace fans knew we were taking the Michael rather than singing it etc.........

Football songs is like fashion, one club sings it another will copy it.... Just the way it is.... Hard to be original with songs these days but tbf we have introduced alot of new songs already this season rather than just copying....

Maybe it was because we were noisy in our little area all game but I WAS NOT impressed whatsoever with the HF. When I looked over they looked motionless and were just stood there... They are certainly not what they big themselves up to be and if I was frank I would say our North Stand Block A area is much better, they have had 5 years we have had what 9 months in our area..... They had all fans standing behind them but they were not joining in as you would expect.....

Some of the older boys should remember this, but the Popside used to sing 'White Christmas' when I was a youngster at the BBG - with the 'USED TO KNOW' and 'IN THE SNOW' bits shouted in the gaps.

Not sure why and how it started, but I always thought it was our song.

It just seemed to die out in the latter days at the BBG.

As much as it pains me to say it, Man Utd fans come out with some great songs. Liverpool are catching up with them.

I too along with some of the posters on here cringe when we sing other teams songs. Football is organic and songs used to be sung for a reason. The Bon Jovi example at Crawley sums this up. I know it was a p*ss take, but they are the songs that should catch on and evolve.

Yeah but I think the Palace fans knew we were taking the Michael rather than singing it etc.........

Football songs is like fashion, one club sings it another will copy it.... Just the way it is.... Hard to be original with songs these days but tbf we have introduced alot of new songs already this season rather than just copying....

Maybe it was because we were noisy in our little area all game but I WAS NOT impressed whatsoever with the HF. When I looked over they looked motionless and were just stood there... They are certainly not what they big themselves up to be and if I was frank I would say our North Stand Block A area is much better, they have had 5 years we have had what 9 months in our area..... They had all fans standing behind them but they were not joining in as you would expect.....

I agree, they're not as good as what they make out to be.

There is the point though, clubs like Liverpool, United, Celtic etc can introduce new tunes with relevant lyrics to add so why cant other clubs? Mainly because most cant be bothered and will just copy what others sing, but if serious about creating a cracking atmosphere original songs will help massively. As Asanovic said, why cant we have a song that gives us an identity, something we can be proud to sing, not just an adapted version of every other teams songs.

Some of the older boys should remember this, but the Popside used to sing 'White Christmas' when I was a youngster at the BBG - with the 'USED TO KNOW' and 'IN THE SNOW' bits shouted in the gaps.

Not sure why and how it started, but I always thought it was our song.

It just seemed to die out in the latter days at the BBG.

As much as it pains me to say it, Man Utd fans come out with some great songs. Liverpool are catching up with them.

I too along with some of the posters on here cringe when we sing other teams songs. Football is organic and songs used to be sung for a reason. The Bon Jovi example at Crawley sums this up. I know it was a p*ss take, but they are the songs that should catch on and evolve.

I thought that sounded quality as well when we carried it on, would be well up for that starting off. Dont think any other clubs use that tune as well.

I agree, they're not as good as what they make out to be.

There is the point though, clubs like Liverpool, United, Celtic etc can introduce new tunes with relevant lyrics to add so why cant other clubs? Mainly because most cant be bothered and will just copy what others sing, but if serious about creating a cracking atmosphere original songs will help massively. As Asanovic said, why cant we have a song that gives us an identity, something we can be proud to sing, not just an adapted version of every other teams songs.

Agree mate... Like I say we have already introduced NEW songs into our area that are original and will continue to do so... Already got many banked that havent even been sung yet!!

White Christmas is a song we do sing in our area whatever time of year as we recognise it was sung at the BBG all year round.....

Agree mate... Like I say we have already introduced NEW songs into our area that are original and will continue to do so... Already got many banked that havent even been sung yet!!

White Christmas is a song we do sing in our area whatever time of year as we recognise it was sung at the BBG all year round.....

Good to hear, and i appreciate how difficult it is getting people to know the words etc, song sheets may be the best idea. Get Bon Jovi - Living On A Prayer going, sounded quality at Crawley.

the songs sung now at Derby are rubbish or nicked from other teams.The imagination has gone,we sang some great stuff at the BBG,they werent very pc but were original.

when the east stand were singing "we are premier league" a few years ago It was cringeworthy.

Get ready for this.

Sung to the tune of 'Jingle Bells'

The Rams are on the pitch

Pride Park's where we're at

To watch the super Rams

Take 3 points for the fans.

Cloughie's men be brave

Take all thrown at you.

Derby County is the team,

the best team in the land...

Oh.. Derby Rams, Derby Rams, Derby we love you

Derby County is the team, Derby we love you.

Good to hear, and i appreciate how difficult it is getting people to know the words etc, song sheets may be the best idea. Get Bon Jovi - Living On A Prayer going, sounded quality at Crawley.

Yes must admit that song at Crawley was totally random yet so good!!

Hello mate; was non-existant by our standards yesterday...All due to police/club clampdown on the group announced a day before the game: http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/sport/Parish-s-clampdown/article-3343311-detail/article.html

Was under half the group yesterday as a result; but it's what comes with getting to the size we've got to

cheers.

I wouldn't say the HF were that bad TBH - seemed to be their main vocal element with the 100 or so to our immediate left the support act as it were, few flags, sang all game from what I could tell.

I barely dare mention it as I doubt many people saw it, and no doubt if they did, we'll rip it off, but that sideways bouncing, where one row goes one way, the next goes the other, looked brilliant - shame there was only the 75 down the front doing it.

I can't fault the 400 of us who stand at the back and go nuts for 90 minutes and more, but I just wish those down the front would join in - you've come all that way on a bus/train/car, been sat down for hours, and then you sit down in silence for the whole game - don't you need to stretch your legs?! Would increase our support 100%.

Thor: Bit of a shitter regarding that article - can't say the stewards were that much better in the away end to be honest.

Hello mate; was non-existant by our standards yesterday...All due to police/club clampdown on the group announced a day before the game: http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/sport/Parish-s-clampdown/article-3343311-detail/article.html

Was under half the group yesterday as a result; but it's what comes with getting to the size we've got to

cheers.

Thor.....

Drop me an email bud at webster23@hotmail.co.uk - can talk that way rather than on here....

Cheers

Nick

I wouldn't say the HF were that bad TBH - seemed to be their main vocal element with the 100 or so to our immediate left the support act as it were, few flags, sang all game from what I could tell.

Thor: Bit of a shitter regarding that article - can't say the stewards were that much better in the away end to be honest.

Cheers mate; we were pretty bad by our standards, a lot has to do with the article and the repression we're all facing right now due to some incidents on the road HF have been blamed for...Was about half of us there yesterday, and a lot couldn't be bothered going for it for the 90 after being told by Chairman we're "NOT WELCOME"

rams69 - feel free to drop me a mail mate; my emails in my profile, PM if you can't access it..

Archived