Pompey away/fans

trooper

Just got back from Pompey ( we stopped the weekend in Bournemouth) and would like to say how poor I thought our fans were. The stewards did not help by making most fans sit down, but apart from 40/50 north stand/ east stand lads singing constantly the noise level was really poor... There were approximately a thousand of us and there was very little noise made.. When we make a 200 mile trip we should make a effort to be vocal to the team.. I know we are in a poor patch of form at the moment but that little bit extra noise could make a big difference in a draw to a win or a loss to a draw... Each to there own but I was just a bit baffled by it

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, however if you have a look around a lot of our fans are older than Jesus, we don't seem to have a large number of fans at the game who would be capable of making a lot of noise even if they tried.

It would be better to be able to stand like so many teams do who come to pride park but when your seat is in front of people who obviously don't want to stand what can you do?

Erm, so if you don't sing you shouldn't travel 200 miles to follow your team.

I assume these fans cheered when the team scored?

Each to their own regards singing or not. It don't mean you support the team any less.

In fact, if you do travel down to Pompey from Derby or even further afield, hats off to you regardless.

Erm, so if you don't sing you shouldn't travel 200 miles to follow your team.

I assume these fans cheered when the team scored?

Each to their own regards singing or not. It don't mean you support the team any less.

In fact, if you do travel down to Pompey from Derby or even further afield, hats off to you regardless.

Agree Boycie, let people watch the game how they want. If they want to sing or not it's up to them, they paid their money they travelled to the ground they don't have to sing or sling abuse at the oppo's fans.

I wasn't having a go at anyone Boycie, just pointing out why people don't stand throughout and why it can be difficult to create a really good atmosphere.

I agree with you as well that I take my hat off to anyone who travels anywhere and pays the money it costs to support DCFC. They are of course just as big a fan as the fans who stand throughout.

Not everybody wants to stand at away games. Kids can't see if you stand. Elder people can't stand for 45 constant.

You pay for a seat, a bloody lot of money as well. Un reserved seating is what you need if you want a choice whether to stand or not, then you can stand at the back where nobody will be behind you.

Sorry, Trooper, you have not really got a valid point in my opinion regards the away support.

Ye atmosphere was dire yesterday, cant understand why anyone would want to sit down when it was as cold as it was yesterday. Was there as many as a 1000 there yesterday? Good effort. We've generally been quiet away from home for most of this season. Rubbish songs, crap results and the age/type of away fan we have all contributes.

Ye atmosphere was dire yesterday, cant understand why anyone would want to sit down when it was as cold as it was yesterday. Was there as many as a 1000 there yesterday? Good effort. We've generally been quiet away from home for most of this season. Rubbish songs, [sIZE=4]crap results[/sIZE] and the age/type of away fan we have all contributes.

There's your answer I think

boycie my point that i was pointing out was i was baffled at our supporters noise on saturday..was not having a pop at anyone but i just thought that after travelling so far to wartch the game and in such a atmospheric ground we would of made a bit more noise than we did.. the whole crowd only really got going 2 or 3 times!

boycie my point that i was pointing out was i was baffled at our supporters noise on saturday..was not having a pop at anyone but i just thought that after travelling so far to wartch the game and in such a atmospheric ground we would of made a bit more noise than we did.. the whole crowd only really got going 2 or 3 times!

i'm certainly not being ageist :p

but god do we have alot of over 40's who don't like to sing(don't get me wrong you do get the odd few who are brilliant singers :p)

Due to my dad i normally end up near the bottom of the fans and i end up being the only one in miles bothering to sing we need all the singing fans to go sing at the bottom and build up ;)

I really wanted to stand up throughout the game, mainly because it was so cold! There were some behind who were intent on sitting down, which is fair enough.

Given the amount of grounds that seem to permit standing now, I think it would be a good idea to have a sitting and standing section, so no one gets annoyed. People have paid their money and have every right to sit down but personally I get too agitated, particularly at away games, to remain sat down throughout the match.

There was plenty of singing where I was (towards the back, right hand side), although someone smashed a seat when they scored.

I was actually impressed with the numbers we took considering that we are in a bad spot at the moment.

Archived