Two Down....

Sheep<3

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul Hart? and Sean O'Driscol?

SOD has a 2million clause to buy him out, both Burnley and Sheff Utd have enquired and been pushed back and as for Paul Hart, I'd opt for myself to have a better crack than him.

I genuinely believe we would end up with Megson or Keane, both of which I would despise at our club.

infact I can't think of one person who is eligable that I would prefer to Clough.

if I had to pick three it'd be between 2 proven managers recently sacked from league one sides in Irving and Gary Johnson and unproven shout but Peschisolido would lift things.

but like I said, no-one who I would pick over Clough.

how is it not? we have a manager that took a decade to get out of the confrence, when we were on a good run he was the only manager in the football league that would of changed the system. he plays our best players in wrong positions and i think "it'll be much betterwhen chris porter and steve davies come back" says it all really as well as this awful awful run we're having, i mean he if anything i respect him for not walking sooner

how is it not? we have a manager that took a decade to get out of the confrence, when we were on a good run he was the only manager in the football league that would of changed the system. he plays our best players in wrong positions and i think "it'll be much betterwhen chris porter and steve davies come back" says it all really as well as this awful awful run we're having, i mean he if anything i respect him for not walking sooner

It took him a decade to get promoted to the Conference, and then top of the conference actually.

Since Turning On Sky Sports News Today, Two Managers Have Gone, Alan Irving & Andy Scott. All I'm Gonna Say is This Comes In Threes.

But IF it did Happen, Who Would You Want, I Would Like Either Shaun O Driscol or Paul Heart

Neither. I'd have George Burley back but even he seems to have lost the knack since taking on the Scotland job... Failing that Lee Clark would be a good shout...

i spose that does beg the question who would come?, i wouldn't want roy keane or george burley. but i would want some one with actual knowledge of working in the championship, someone that will bring in the discipline and bring in the right players without bankrupting us, which i actually realise is kind of impossible

i spose that does beg the question who would come?, i wouldn't want roy keane or george burley. but i would want some one with actual knowledge of working in the championship, someone that will bring in the discipline and bring in the right players without bankrupting us, which i actually realise is kind of impossible

In my opinion you've just described Clough

ok you must be blind to no see it, i never wanted cloughie, despite what his name is, he isn't doing a good job at all, well maybe a few good signings but that new european style football we were playing is jonnhy metgods influence. which also begs the question "in two years what actually has he done" & if one person says lower the wage bill i'm gonna hunt you down!

irrelevant, he's got the job now and has done a pretty good job imo. He certainly won't resign before the end of the season, no matter how obvious it is to you

He won't walk and he certainly won't be pushed. Not while the board know the majority of fans will still worship the ground he walks on even when he takes us down to League 1 so they can continue taking their 'management fees'...

who are these right players? I only ask because when people on here think players are 'reasonable' to suggest they're actually ridiculous for instance 1million+ and would want 10k+ to play for us, it just grinds at me..

any good player in the championship in this climate would demand around 1million. The best players in League One would cost around 1million pound also, I don't believe we have this sort of money... when you see a league two striker with a 2million+ price tag in le fondre then you've got to be realistic within our terms.. change of board may mean change of budget and these players become available to us.

some people were actually moaning we wasn't in for yakubu, sure his 60,000 pound a week wages wouldn't of been too much of a drain.

It's quite a pointless discussion to be having until Clough "obviously" walks, the speed managers are getting sacked anything can happen between now and whenever Clough walks or gets sacked.

But to keep this thread alive I will throw Jose Mourinho's name into the hat, doesn't look like he will be at Real Madrid for much longer and he's said he wants to return to England.....or would that be to the Premiership only? doesn't matter tho I guess as Jose will see just like our fans we are a Premiership club and deserve to be up there more than the likes of Blackpool etc.

About time this board showed some ambition aywot?

which is why i said its impossible, because it is, i liked steve morrison. but the the yakubu thing is actually a good point, because and i know we aren't that big big club we once were, but on tuesday night we had 23,000 at pride park, despite whats going on with the board and 9 games without a win and whatnot. & QPR had around 14,000 maybe a few more.

so are you telling me that with the attendances, season ticket sales and the "fantastic job" that both nigel and the "fabulous" board have done by stripping anything thats worth anything that we just cannot compete with these teams of bringing in players like belamy, yakubu. we have the 12th highest attendance in the football league. not being funny but cloughie has got to go!.... in my opinion

Archived