How much do you

Stimacked

Trust in

Clough`s judgement on football matters

Glick's judgement in the running of this football club on behlaf of the GSE and the owners they represent

out of 10.

1 for well, utterly clueless and

10 for supreme decison maker.

I think that the potential mess that this transfer window looks set to leave us in, massively ups the pressure on Glick, rather than Clough.

Clough seems still to be in a very secure position. He says he wont quit.

Clough is GSE's only saving grace at the moment. Most other managers would have resigned for sure by now and taken their compensation with them.

This is now where Glick's lack of inside knowledge of how football works seems to be undermining the fortunes of the wholw club.

o.k.

for me Clough gets a 7. Its been a bad 3 months, since the 2-0 win at Ipswich. Still think he has bags of potential and the heart and passion to turn this club around. He has the confidence to work miracles again with the scraaps that remain of this squad and the paupers wage bill we are competing with.

Glick, seems a decent enough bloke, as a person he comes across as honest enough. He rareely gives anything away. But when it comes down to it, just think he is still way way out of his depth.

I'll give him a 5. Think that he has his hands tied as much as Clough and its the unseen Billionaires and this whole ownership set up which is failing this club miserably.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trust in

Clough`s judgement on football matters

Glick's judgement in the running of this football club on behlaf of the GSE and the owners they represent

out of 10.

1 for well, utterly clueless and

10 for supreme decison maker.

I think that the potential mess that this transfer window looks set to leave us in, massively ups the pressure on Glick, rather than Clough.

Clough seems still to be in a very secure position. He says he wont quit.

Clough is GSE's only saving grace at the moment. Most other managers would have resigned for sure by now and taken their compensation with them.

This is now where Glick's lack of inside knowledge of how football works seems to be undermining the fortunes of the wholw club.

o.k.

for me Clough gets a 7. Its been a bad 3 months, since the 2-0 win at Ipswich. Still think he has bags of potential and the heart and passion to turn this club around. He has the confidence to work miracles again with the scraaps that remain of this squad and the paupers wage bill we are competing with.

Glick, seems a decent enough bloke, as a person he comes across as honest enough. He rareely gives anything away. But when it comes down to it, just think he is still way way out of his depth.

I'll give him a 5. Think that he has his hands tied as much as Clough and its the unseen Billionaires and this whole ownership set up which is failing this club miserably.

Clough - 5 - hasn't had the backing a manager at this level should get from their board, but not overly impressed with his signings, tactical nous or his man management up to now. Still, I'm guessing he'll be around for a while longer so lets see.

Glick - 0 - mouthpiece for a deceitful bunch of *******. Honest my arse.

Clough 7: Cywka, Bailey, Brayford, Moxey and Barker. All good enough for this division. Got a few wrong like Croft but who knew Croft would go from Norwich POTY to where he is now.

Too stubborn sometimes. Sticking with Moore over Shefki and Pearson over anyone -2. Green at RB instead of using the best part of Brayfords game has been a minor annoyance. Passion and determination are unquestionable. Selling Hulse as a football decision? -1. Doesn't seem to have much in his tactical locker either.

Glick 1: Talks a convincing talk. Doesn't (or rather those above him) never match up. The money they have provided Nigel hasn't been enough compared to the quality that has gone. It'll take more than a few grand to replace the experience and quality of Commons and Hulse. Talks a lot between transfer windows. Then during them is full of talk of dilemmas.

Clough - 5 - hasn't had the backing a manager at this level should get from their board, but not overly impressed with his signings, tactical nous or his man management up to now. Still, I'm guessing he'll be around for a while longer so lets see.

Glick - 0 - mouthpiece for a deceitful bunch of *******. Honest my arse.

Nigel Clough 8/10 - Has done a great job with what he has had to do and the cards he has been dealt. Good record on signings and not afraid to dump them if they do not work out.

Tom Glick 9/10 - We are refreshingly well run as a club and certainly the best CEO that we have had since I bought my first season ticket in Uncle Sam's days. He can only spend what the club generates or the investors invest.

Nigel Clough 8/10 - Has done a great job with what he has had to do and the cards he has been dealt. Good record on signings and not afraid to dump them if they do not work out.

Tom Glick 9/10 - We are refreshingly well run as a club and certainly the best CEO that we have had since I bought my first season ticket in Uncle Sam's days. He can only spend what the club generates or the investors invest.

We obviously support two different clubs but with managers and CEO's that have the same name.....;)

Why don't you post on here more often? It's fantastic to read someone who can see what the board is trying to achieve here

Thank god for that. Whilst i dont believe its as high as a 9 for Glick I would have been furious if they'd caved into Commons on his wage demands. The lad barely completed a season out of all the time he was here. Great when on it - but rubbish otherwise and far too ready to take a week off. Clougie hasnt done much wrong in my eyes - honestly who else does he play at Centre Half if not Brayford as the rest were either injured or falling over their bottom lips.

Why don't you post on here more often? It's fantastic to read someone who can see what the board is trying to achieve here

I just get bored with the ****** who don't listen to what is coming out of the club, both Nigel Clough and Tom Glick were open and honest about this window. They said that we would probably pay one fee and get in a couple, maybe three loans. We have bought Davies, we are most of the way down the road with Ayala and I have no doubt that we will pick up a forward on loan during the next week or so.

I'd agree with 5 for each, Clough's transfer record is patchy/average at best I'd say, should have gotten better quality somewhere along the line with some of the free agents surely and it doesnt seem clear whether he would like to spend more or not from what he says alot of the time, or whether he would like a bigger squad (it seemed not from his original statements). Plus tends to play players out of position too often for my liking, also not sure about playing with no proper wingers (the ones he signed don't appear to be good enough in his own eyes maybe).

Glick seems to be a bit of a spin merchant, I wasnt taken in by his sudden namechecking of transfer targets we were never going to get last summer and it seems I was proved right, no doubt a repeat performance this time around too come ST deadline time. OK you have to be prudent with money but we'd be outbid by Crawley Town at the current rate, plus why are there no alternatives lined up if we can't get our No 1 man.

We eventually decide to chase someone else, dither all over again and miss out again, and so it continues...

I have faith in Clough, especially when it comes to seeing a talent in a player there are rough edges that need to be sorted out in his style of management IMO but on the whole I do trust him.. 7/10

Glick, take away the owners..etc and focus on what he has done for the club in terms of generating money into the club..etc as said before he can only do his job with what he is given but I believe he has opened a lot of doors for Derby which were previously closed, with a strong financial backing I believe he would be a great asset to this club but as it were he is nothing but a scapegoat for the investors, which I feel bad for him, it can't be nice! 8/10

The investors when they first came over showed every intention of doing their part in our 'rivaval' but seems the wreckless spending under Jewell left a foul taste in their mouth and now seem more like expensive spectators than actual investors in the club.. I believe I heard they are the best paid investors in the division, also, I give them 3/10._

I just get bored with the ****** who don't listen to what is coming out of the club, both Nigel Clough and Tom Glick were open and honest about this window. They said that we would probably pay one fee and get in a couple, maybe three loans. We have bought Davies, we are most of the way down the road with Ayala and I have no doubt that we will pick up a forward on loan during the next week or so.

I notice you don't mention the departures.

The "******" that don't listen to Glick learnt that lesson after the last season ticket renewal campaign. They probably don't listen to Clough either after his ridiculous comments about Commons in his interview at the weekend. I don't think it is a coincidence that the two most frequent targets in his "who shall we blame this week" comments have left.

Archived