What is the long-term plan for DCFC?

martin

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm really scratching my head today at the possible sale for Dean Moxey, what do you think the long-term plan for the future at DCFC is?

GCE must have a plan, I'm just at a complete loss as to what it might be...

Maybe tougher exams? I would be interested to know GSE's plans though. :cool:

I think I'd just like to know why they want to own a football club in the first place? They don't seem to be all that bothered now they've got one! We might be able to make a few hundred thousand by selling the odd player here and there but that is surely a drop in the ocean to them?

Are they so rich that they have forgotten they even own a football club?

At first i thought it was to get ahead of the game. Eventually (thanks now to some Uefa rulings) the big spenders are going to have to balance the books. The sugar daddy thing will have to stop and when it does, when clubs can no longer spend money they haven't got, we'll have a young hungry ambitious squad assembled by Nigel Clough who has a real connection with local football. He's a bright young manager who's picked young players who want to play for him. The players will improve. He has a place in his heart for Derby people and everything at the club is looking to grow together.

At the same time he'd of dealt with our finances. Giving us a head start over other clubs. What's not to like? Young hungry team with potential, a manager who has a real connection with the area and only slightly less, the club. And we're in a healthy position to not worry about cash ever again.

But if we sell Moxey then that's the first indication of lies. He's the young hungry player with determination and room to improve. No way can you buy young players who have learned it all. How on earth are the player OR the club supposed to grow if we take raw talent, iron out some of the cracks and then sell on before getting any of the reward?? What's the point in bringing Bailey, Brayford, Cywka and Moxey if these aren't representing the Derby County of 5-10 years time?? Ofcourse if these players grow to fast for the rest of the team then one or two of them might get snatched....... but we're not a selling club anymore. This is our future and if another club wants to buy a piece of our future then it'll be for the silly fees that Arsenal got Walcott for. Or Reading sold Sigurdsson. Or that Alex Chamberlain is being touted. Not 300k to Palace!!!

300k to Palace sticks two fingers up at what i thought as to whole plan. It can't be because Moxey isn't good enough..... you don't buy a young player from Exeter or Crewe and expect instant results do you? They need time and most importantly belief. If we're not going to give these young players time OR we're a selling club then we'll never see the PL. Cywka, Moxey, Bailey, Brayford and Connor Doyle if there the future then it's those that will ask for less wages, higher transfer fees and provide glimpses of Nigels future team. The rest of the squad you'd expect to be up for trade. Like for like. You can't sell an experienced striker and not replace him. Or we'll end up with a good young team in League 1.

The biggest worry is that every report is mentioning the "profit" made on Moxey. This isn't the property business. Have we made anything off Moxey on the pitch? Not yet i think. And it's on the pitch where you get rewards in football. I'm starting to believe that the GSE would say that buying Moxey for 200k, him becoming the clubs greatest ever defender and then at the age of 34 being released on a free is bad business. I'd call that a great deal. These men in suits though seem only to think balance sheets rather than League tables. Since when did football become about profit more than about winning??

These guys are in the wrong line of work. Either that, or Nigel is losing the plot.

No idea. Could be that they agreed to invest x amount to GSE. GSE then spent it all in the first year on transfers and wages hoping to get us back up. It didn't work and they investors could be thinking 'hang on a minute, I'm not sure I want to give anymore for you to throw away'. That's just guess work, I doubt any of us really know or will ever know.

dean moxey is having a medical at palace as we speak thought to be around £400,000. i have figured out the long term plan that gse have planned, its to scrap and scrap and scrap until there's no debt, no big wages and basically nothing & then what they will do is sell the club to the highest bidder and leave us in the ****

No idea. Could be that they agreed to invest x amount to GSE. GSE then spent it all in the first year on transfers and wages hoping to get us back up. It didn't work and they investors could be thinking 'hang on a minute, I'm not sure I want to give anymore for you to throw away'. That's just guess work, I doubt any of us really know or will ever know.

I'm sure we've already firmly established that they've invested nothing and that any money that has been spent was from the parachute payments from the PL.

Maybe so but they had to invest to buy the club. In terms of the investors it depends on how GSE sold the business proposition to them.

This is all guess work, I know as much about business as I do about the 1994 British Winter Olympics team.

Seems to me that the GSE care about football games as much as you know about the 1994 British Winter Olympic team too. :mad:

I'm sure we've already firmly established that they've invested nothing and that any money that has been spent was from the parachute payments from the PL.

Not particularly fair-they've definitely put in £14.3m on top of acquisition and the next accounts may show more.

One thing occurs to me (and it's only a thought).The Gadsby bid looked as though it might have given the investors a reasonable return in sterling terms,though little in dollar terms.However,GSE would presumably need something positive to tell future investors in any forthcoming venture.As far as the Gadsby bid goes,they could have pointed to a small profit for investors and talked of debt reduction,but would that be enough?

Whilst it's impossible to predict future profits with reference to past results (too many unknown one offs like contract buy outs),we can see that wages have been slashed and a new lucrative tv deal is in place,allied to a significantly reduced interest bill.I'd also estimate that players' amortisation may now be running at about £1m (a by product of spending relatively little in recent years),which represents a massive reduction.

Looking at our recent sales,there's a good chance that they could all show book profits,as you effectively compare the depreciated book value to the selling price.Hulse,for instance,although sold at less than we bought him for,may well show a book profit.Commons would be all profit and Moxey would show a greater profit than the mere difference between buying and selling prices.Could all of this bring about an overall profit for this year?

If so,GSE could point to a profit, after inheriting a club that had previously been recording heavy losses,allied to debt reduction and commercial enhancement-a much better cv than last year.

All pure conjecture,however.

They will do won't they. I thought they put in another 6 million to make sure we didn't get further into debt.

I think (though I may be wrong) that you might be getting confused here.The last accounts showed £7.74m invested and the directors' report indicated a further £6.6m in the following financial year (to be reported soon)-hence the £14.3m.If another £6m was put in on top of this £6.6m,then you'd be right.However,I've not seen this stated publicly anywhere.

Archived