Ramsey to rejoin Cardiff City on loan

Day

WELSH midfield star Aaron Ramsey looks certain to be heading back to Cardiff City on loan - according to Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger.

The French boss of the London giants revealed at a press conference today that the Caerphilly born youngster, who has been recovering from a broken leg in the last year, will "probably go to Cardiff" on loan, amid reports that the player the Cardiff fans christened 'Rambo' was in the Welsh capital today.

Ramsey, who rose through the Cardiff City academy from the age of eight, moved to the Emirates after starring in his first full season as a professional in 2008.

Now he looks set to return his hometown club for a loan spell after spending time at rivals Nottingham Forest last month.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2011/01/21/arsenal-star-aaron-ramsey-to-rejoin-cardiff-city-on-loan-91466-28031593/

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's gone then...

--------------------------------------

Following comments made by Arsenal Manager Arsène Wenger on Friday, Cardiff City are pleased to confirm that an agreement has been reached between clubs to see Aaron Ramsey rejoin the Bluebirds on loan.

Speaking to the press today, Mr Wenger said, "I am considering to give Ramsey one month out on loan, with a possibility of him going to Cardiff. I don't want [Ramsey] to go to a Premier League club because I want him to finish the season with us. I just look for competition for him."

Paperwork is yet to be completed, with Aaron travelling to South Wales this evening with a view to sign on Saturday morning. The loan agreement is set to run until 26 February and includes our npower Championship match against Hull City.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10335~2273136,00.html

Archived