List of our owners please

Boy from Brazil

Don't forget this is Wiki, the general public updates these pages, alot of info maybe missing.

Really, ok I did not know that. but this guy is super Rich Daveo and makes you think what is he doing in a consortium with this club???? what did he and others see in little Derby county to make them invest and if they did see something then why not do something about it now and make us a promotion candidates again with a small investment?

I just dont understand they are all SUPER RICH and we are strugging with loan players beggers belief

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I was an investor with no affiliation to the club, I would be doing similar to what GSE are doing at the moment. Below is my Business Plan.

1. Stabalise the club - reducing the debt where needed (not all debt is bad!)

2. Get the basics right in order to grow, e.g. good facilities; good and stable coaching staff; good youth academy; operating within a wage budget.

3. Using the above - invest (not loads) where necessary to build a side that when it is promoted has a base of players in the squad to enable the side to stay up.

4. Spend sensibly in the first year of promotion to stay up.

5. After staying up invest more to get to a situation where the side is a mid table Prem side.

6. Once 5 has been achieved then you have two options (a) you are looking at an exit plan - sell you shares at a very large profit (b) ensure that the club is operating profitably year on year and start drawing a dividend or if you do not need income then the more successful the club the more you can sell it for.

What I am saying is if the owners (who are very successful and are not stupid) make a success of their investment then it can only mean a success on the footballing side of things.

Sensible. Although unfortunately this is a long and difficult process getting promoted.

Really, ok I did not know that. but this guy is super Rich Daveo and makes you think what is he doing in a consortium with this club???? what did he and others see in little Derby county to make them invest and if they did see something then why not do something about it now and make us a promotion candidates again with a small investment?

I just dont understand they are all SUPER RICH and we are strugging with loan players beggers belief

Yup, I'm guess nobody has bothered to update his page for a while, you can do it yourself if you feel like it, but if you write "Get out my club" at the end I'm pretty sure Wiki moderators will remove it ;)

They are buisnessmen the reason they are here is the money, just like every other football club owner and just like every buisness owner around the world including Gadsby.

Don't be offended by this and I'm not trying to have the last say or anything like that but I'm really not in the mood to go into this topic much further if you don't mind, I'm sure others will but personally I've read enough about GSE this week to last a lifetime.

I'm off to the Transfer Talk board refreshing like crazy with all me fingers crossed waiting for news on Commons and new signings.

Would you prefer investors close to bankruptcy?

If anything, this shows the fans that the people who have invested into our club are extremely successful business men. On top of that, with the plans Glick has spoken about seem very sensible idea's and that business is not something you just throw money at, but use it sensibly and watch steady growth.

Does it make you happier that they are very succesful or do you demand they throw their millions/billions into the football club because you as a fan cannot wait to see Derby in Europe?

The image you have given yourself is extremely demanding and lacks patience. I sincerely hope that they do not submit to your demands and they take their time in improving DCFC's fortunes.

The image you have given yourself is extremely demanding and lacks patience. I sincerely hope that they do not submit to your demands and they take their time in improving DCFC's fortunes.

I'm with you sir up to this point. You wouldn't find me objecting to Derby becoming the next City overnight!

I'm with you sir up to this point. You wouldn't find me objecting to Derby becoming the next City overnight!

Heh, well neither would i, but only with the assurance that the city wouldn't 'self destruct' because it had reached the peak too soon and couldn't recover it's sudden resurgence into world domination.

It takes time to make a city/team strong, it needs to build the foundations first and they have to be strong enough to hold the complete package.

As successful businessmen, they will work to a business plan. It isn't a plan to keep pouring money in until it becomes successful - they'll measure success on an economic basis, not on trophies or league position.

And it isn't a business plan to listen to the fans (customers?) demand more money.

The owners being so rich just shows that they know how to make a plan work.

As Daveo says, GSE discussions are becoming a bit last week now. Time to move on to grounds more interesting.

As successful businessmen, they will work to a business plan. It isn't a plan to keep pouring money in until it becomes successful - they'll measure success on an economic basis, not on trophies or league position.

And it isn't a business plan to listen to the fans (customers?) demand more money.

The owners being so rich just shows that they know how to make a plan work.

As Daveo says, GSE discussions are becoming a bit last week now. Time to move on to grounds more interesting.

It shows they know howe to make a business work.

Sometimes making a business work, involves exploiting the workers and/or customer base.

Tough one. The investors paid off millions of debt - they'll at the very least want that back. Plus some return.

Hard to say as we know so little, but I guess upwards of £25million - possibly quite a bit upwards. Complete guess that figure, nothing to back it up at all.

If Gadsby offered £37 million last March that was rejected then pure common sense says that GSE/investors value Derby more than that figure.

Putting a price on Derby from a supporters view will be almost impossible as we don't know the ins and outs of the fine details. We might be worth a single pound, who knows?

If Gadsby offered £37 million last March that was rejected then pure common sense says that GSE/investors value Derby more than that figure.

Putting a price on Derby from a supporters view will be almost impossible as we don't know the ins and outs of the fine details. We might be worth a single pound, who knows?

Well I would of thought if the Yanks said they were buying Derby for £50 million quid then I think it would have to be around this sum.

Anyway just off ot Sainsburys to do a bit of shopping:rolleyes:

Tough one. The investors paid off millions of debt - they'll at the very least want that back. Plus some return.

Hard to say as we know so little, but I guess upwards of £25million - possibly quite a bit upwards. Complete guess that figure, nothing to back it up at all.

I'm surprised Ramblur hasn't responded to this one yet.

The investors haven't paid off millions of debt, the parachute payments did that. The money the investors put in (nowhere near the £50 million promised as stated above) was to buy the club off the LOG (technically you could say this was indirectly paying off debt, as the money the LOG put in was to bail us out after the 3 amigos racked up c.£50 million, although a lot of that was renegotiated with the co-op).

You're right that they will probably look to re-coup their investment at some point, so we could argue with GSE's claims that we are virtually debt-free, as at some point anyone buying us will have to at least cover what GSE put in. So unless we do get promoted at some point and there is still enough Prem money to pay off our benefactors we will be stuck in a vicious circle.

As stated above they turned down Gadsby's offer of £35 million, which looked at the time as though he was offering them a get-out with their stake money intact. So either they still believe in their plan or they currently value us higher than that, which is a bit mystifying.

FWIW, (and this is now my opinion), when the April 09 accounts came out something struck me as odd;

Quote:

Stadium valued professionally by independent valuers at £55m up from it's historical cost of £21m

The stadium has always been valued at the amount it cost to build, £21m, but GSE had it valued at £55m, probably what it would cost if you were to build it now.

It's difficult to put a valuation on the stadium because it only has one purpose, for anything other than Derby playing football there it is worthless, however anyone buying the club would have to have a stadium to house all the season ticket holders, so would have to either buy the stadium as it stands or build a new one for c.£55m.

So what's it actually worth?

Probably somewhere in the middle, if so it looks like Gadsby sold us off very cheaply, because the money paid out by GSE barely covered the cost of the ground, let alone all the other assets (Moor Farm etc. etc. etc.).

Do GSE really have to get us to the Prem to make money on their investment?

Or have they already got a nice little earner in the bag, just so long as they can keep the club ticking over?

I thought the actual purchase price for the club was £15m - I am sure ramblur will confirm that if it is so.

There is also in the accounts investment of c£15m and possible another amount in excess of £10m (again I believe Ramblur has given these figures)

I may have confused the purchase price with the c£15m investment mentioned though. But if I havent then they have put in more than the money to purchase the club.

Archived