VAT Increase - Tickets, Merchandise

Day

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which is why I kinda started this thread, not as a moan about fags, petrol and beer, but Derby...have they took on the 2.5% themselves or is it being passed onto the fans?

SSN yesterday said Newcastle and Preston have froze prices, Everton and Spurs have passed it onto the fans to pay.

Not seen anything on Derby unless I've missed it.

They have taken a hit on VAT on replice kits

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2258614,00.html

nothing official on ticket prices but they dont appear to have change on the official site or online purchase page

They are not changing the price of the tickets. The price on the website is quoted as incluive of VAT, so if VAT changes the total price changes but what is actually being paid for the ticket remains the same.

From this article http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/SeasonTickets/0,,10270~2206711,00.html I expect that at least the cost of 6/12 game plans and half season tickets to have gone up

As most clubs seem to lose money each year, if VAT is charged on transfers, I'm sure they claim just as much back from the tax man.

Correct , if you're vat registered it don't matter, unless you sell to none vat registered customers who can't claim it back. i.e. us fans.

Correct , if you're vat registered it don't matter, unless you sell to none vat registered customers who can't claim it back. i.e. us fans.

Well the ground isn't near full this season ( except forest at home ) and with not many jobs about I'd think we could loose a few more fans should the season tickets rise dramatically next year to make up for the 20%.

But aren't we on 17.5% now anyway?

Well the ground isn't near full this season ( except forest at home ) and with not many jobs about I'd think we could loose a few more fans should the season tickets rise dramatically next year to make up for the 20%.

But aren't we on 17.5% now anyway?

VAT went up on Tuesday this week. That's why petrol stations round us were running out of petrol on monday as people tried to avoid the price increase.

Archived