Ramsey to return to Gunners

Day

Arsene Wenger will not allow Aaron Ramsey's loan at Nottingham Forest to be extended, but could send out Carlos Vela.

The Arsenal boss agreed to let Ramsey join the Reds at the end of November in an effort to rebuild his fitness following a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

Unfortunately for the Welsh starlet, the recent cold snap has prevented him from making much of an impression at Forest.

A start against Derby on Wednesday was his first for the club and he only has one more game to take in before his short-team deal comes to an end on 3rd January.

Wenger admits he would have liked to have seen Ramsey get a few more minutes under his belt but, with Abou Diaby laid low with a calf problem, he insists there is no chance of him letting the 20-year-old stay on at City Ground.

He told Arsenal's official website: "We did not get the number of games we wanted from him because of the snow. He is a snow victim and we are as well consequently.

"But I am not tempted to do it [extend the loan]. If Abou Diaby was not injured I would certainly have considered it, but not now.

"Aaron is not completely ready yet but he has been practising every day with the group for two months. I hope that when he comes back he should be ready in February."

While reluctant to part with Ramsey again, Wenger is prepared to let Vela leave the club on loan.

He feels the Mexican striker would benefit from regular games, with his path to the Gunners first team currently blocked, and has paved the way for him to head elsewhere in the New Year.

Wenger added: "Some offensive players don't play games, like Carlos Vela. If he can get games somewhere else we will loan him out.

"Not sell him, loan him out because he needs to play. He is a top quality player and at the moment we have too many strikers.

"He does not get the games he deserves. He has an opportunity that I let him go somewhere."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11727_6626640,00.html

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vela or Austin? which one for us?

I like the look of the tricky Mexican, but the raw talent of Austin stands out.

Only one way to find out...........:D

get both

Archived