Derby County mull over new Frank Fielding deal

Day

Derby County chief executive Tom Glick has not ruled out extending goalkeeper Frank Fielding's stay at Pride Park.

The Blackburn Rovers keeper's loan deal expires after Saturday's away game against Bristol City.

Glick told BBC Radio Derby: "We are going to take it day by day with Frank - everything is a consideration.

"He has been fantastic and if he continues to make the impact he has made, we would look for ways to see if we can hold on to him."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/derby_county/9276780.stm

This has just come up on BBC Football, are the BBC or Glick not upto speed or has Nigel changed his mind over keeping Fielding?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe Clough wants Fielding, but Glick won't sanction it?

Ahem.

My thoughts exactly. Think there is a bit of head games going on between Glick & Clough, i just get that feeling that not all is rosey behind the scenes with these two guys.

Think Clough is very clever how he goes about things sayingcertain hings on BBC site and in interviews to get his messsage across to Glick who maybe not listening that well.

I have said it before dont like the Yanks never have.

I think it more likely that Blackburn want a big fee for him and we're trying to dissuade them otherwise.

He's definately wanted, and Glick would realise the plus points for buying a keeper who is destined for Premier League football if his career keeps on the straight and narrow.

Big Fat Sam " We want £1million for the lad"

Glick "How about £200k"

Big Fat Sam " Fk off...He's an England U21 international?"

Glick "ooooh......pllleeeaasse"

Big Fat Sam "No"

Glick "pretty please"

Big Fat Sam "I'm putting the phone down". SLAM

Glick "Missing you already"

Big Fat Sam " We want £1million for the lad"

Glick "How about £200k"

Big Fat Sam " Fk off...He's an England U21 international?"

Glick "ooooh......pllleeeaasse"

Big Fat Sam "No"

Glick "pretty please"

Big Fat Sam "I'm putting the phone down". SLAM

Glick "Missing you already"

Word perfect. I think RamNut was in the room at the time.

Ah, good point.

RamNut, you're talking *****.

:D

Obviously Glick didnt have Big Fat Sam's mobile number.....He had to ring t'Rovers....and listen to t'Hovis music while he was on hold....then got put thro t' Big Fat Sam's big fat secretary....explain who he was.....then he was put on t'hold again....listened to more hovis music.......finally got put through t' Big Fat Sam who'd just finished eating t'tripe and trotters and licking his plate and was about to break wind.....just as t'call came thro.

Apparently.

Glick and Nigel have responded consistently to questions about new players. Nigel holds the line that he’s happy with what he’s got once Davies, Porter, and Addison return from injury.

Glick always says there’s money available for Nigel to strengthen the team if needed - and he says that no matter which player is being discussed at the time.

It’s likely that limited funds are available and it’s up to Nigel how the funds get spent. Who knows, there might be just enough in the kitty to buy Fielding, but so far it hasn’t sounded like Nigel wants to spend most of his budget on a new goalkeeper when we already have Bywater. I’d be very surprised if anything's changed.

I think Clough would be crazy to sign Fielding to be honest, let's say Commons doesn't sign a new contract, Davies and Porter both pick up long term injuries which rules them both out for the season and would also end any chance of new deals. Add Bueno, Moore, and Savage to the list of departures.

This would leave the squad very thin, can we afford to blow what would be a decent amount to sign another keeper when we have a more than capable keeper already at the club, plus a couple of young keepers waiting in the wings.

Glick and Nigel have responded consistently to questions about new players. Nigel holds the line that he’s happy with what he’s got once Davies, Porter, and Addison return from injury.

Glick always says there’s money available for Nigel to strengthen the team if needed - and he says that no matter which player is being discussed at the time.

It’s likely that limited funds are available and it’s up to Nigel how the funds get spent. Who knows, there might be just enough in the kitty to buy Fielding, but so far it hasn’t sounded like Nigel wants to spend most of his budget on a new goalkeeper when we already have Bywater. I’d be very surprised if anything's changed.

HAHA! hark at ramesses talking sense! no place for it on this forum?

Glick and Nigel have responded consistently to questions about new players. Nigel holds the line that he’s happy with what he’s got once Davies, Porter, and Addison return from injury. Glick always says there’s money available for Nigel to strengthen the team if needed - and he says that no matter which player is being discussed at the time.

Does not matter what they say in the media Ramesse, read a little between the lines what Clough is trying to say, hes not happy and if he had the money he would spend it. The Yanks are tight Barstools and that is the way it is going to stay as long as they are incharge of this club.

Archived