Call of Duty: Black Ops

Day

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's never been out the drive, straight out the box into the disc drive. Had no problems at all since it came out on Tuesday.

Maybe take it out and just make sure there are no marks on it then?

When a game freezes it's either your online connection playing up or the game itself is breaking.

The Call of Duty: Black Ops game has sold an estimated 7 million units on the day of its launch, making it the best selling video game of all time.

VGChartz estimates that the latest CoD release has sold 7 million copies worldwide, following the 4.5 million pre-orders that were reported last week. If these estimates are to be believed then the game sold 10 per cent more units than Modern Warfare 2.

VGChartz also claimed that around 4 million users have connected to Xbox Live from the game while a massive number of PS3 users have also flocked to PlayStation Network to play Black Ops online.

Based on the estimates, the game sold 3.6 million units in the US, 1.4 million in UK, 350,000 in Canada and over a million units in other European markets.

Retailer HMV, reflecting on the games success, told BCS that the game will be “not just the most popular game ever, but an iconic release that will take gaming on to a new level.â€

http://www.itproportal.com/2010/11/11/call-duty-black-ops-release-breaks-sales-record/

A forum for a game about kicking a pig's bladder around? FFS, where will this nonsense end?!

Freezing issues, fooked up matchmaking, lag across all game modes, and that's across all platforms by the looks of it.

The lag was buggering our game up earlier, became quite frequent and it wasn't his own internet.

Hopefully the first patch they send out fixes most bugs.

Apparently the lag is due to the way that global stats update. It's dynamic so they update on the fly while you're playing. The obvious problem is that when you have millions of people playing, and their stats are constantly in flux, that puts a hell of a lot of strain on the servers and P2P infrastructure.

Hopefully a patch will be able to sort this out.

Got to say though, this might have been spotted with a public beta.....

They'll have to patch it soon then, the kills I get while playing must be sending the servers into overdrive :rolleyes:

(Just kidding, you do well getting into positives while playing with a mate on the same console. Can barely see a thing when it's in the distance!)

Apparently the lag is due to the way that global stats update. It's dynamic so they update on the fly while you're playing. The obvious problem is that when you have millions of people playing, and their stats are constantly in flux, that puts a hell of a lot of strain on the servers and P2P infrastructure.

Hopefully a patch will be able to sort this out.

Got to say though, this might have been spotted with a public beta.....

Bit dumb when you think about it, why would you want the stats updated on the fly? just wait till the end of the game. Got to say tho I haven't had much lag, I've done the odd moonwalk and been chucked back round a corner a couple of times but I've come to expect that now.

It's the freezing that's doing my swede in, you lose all the kills/challenges you've completed, knowing my luck I'll get my sentry gun takedown for Ghost Pro and then the thing will freeze.

knowing my luck I'll get my sentry gun takedown for Ghost Pro and then the thing will freeze.

Can't remember if I've mentioned this yet or not;

When you get Ghost Pro (or any other Pro), you still have to purchase them before you can equip them. I didn't realise that and assumed I was still getting rinsed by cobras while I had ghost pro.

You just go to where you pick the perk for your loadout and then down the left side somewhere you have the option to upgrade the perk. It's 3k for ghost pro, I assume it's the same for the rest as well.

Yeah, I remember doing co-op with the brother on the same console on W@W zombie mode. Couldn't see much at all!

Apparently there's a patch incoming for the 360 and PS3 sometime next week that should address the lag situation amongst other things.

Indeed. Fantastic that they put in mutliplayer for two people though, even if it's incredibly hard to play on one tv. Had a right laugh on it.

Ah, that's good, it's sorely needed. Thankfully my mate bought the AK47u especially for when I come round, so i'm just delighted to be hitting positive figures now.

Archived