fielding or bywater ?

trigger

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fielding every time for me, but preferably a new keeper altogether.

I do rate Fielding. Great to get someone that good on loan. Looks a better distributor of the ball than Bywater. But he’s playing for us at a time when our defence is fairly settled and the rest of the team is scoring for fun. I wonder how he'd have performed last season when we were constantly under the cosh.

I can tell you how Bywater played last season. He was one of our best players. When our first team was decimated by injuries he was still giving great performances. Barker and Bywater were the only real contenders for the JS trophy last year - and for good reason.

I do rate Fielding. Great to get someone that good on loan. Looks a better distributor of the ball than Bywater. But he’s playing for us at a time when our defence is fairly settled and the rest of the team is scoring for fun. I wonder how he'd have performed last season when we were constantly under the cosh.

I can tell you how Bywater played last season. He was one of our best players. When our first team was decimated by injuries he was still giving great performances. Barker and Bywater were the only real contenders for the JS trophy last year - and for good reason.

I think Fielding is far better on the ball, and with his distribution (even though a few balls went astray yesterday) and i'm not sure that Bywater would have saved the Kitson shot, he lets alot of longer range shots in.

He's a great shot stopper, and hes been at the club so long he's thought of in good regard, but there are better keepers out there. Would love Fielding in goal for the rest of the seasons.

Archived