Website Designers Come Hither!

Alex W

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just get on with it Alex, there's a lot of smoke, but no fire mate!:D

I know, hence the pissed off message on the other page :rolleyes:

I was very ill last week though, so that's set me back too.

Good things come to those who wait, Boycie.

Very true, however it's just an idea. I'll give it a go. If it fails, so be it.

If it doesn't work i'll work till the next september comes around and make sure to get to Uni.

Just want to try it is all, and i'm pretty sure I can get it to work.

I'm not trying to put you off doing the site, just want you to be a little realistic about earning a living from it, if your looking to do these sites you need to get the calculator out and do some sums.

Your website is all pinned on one day, match day so you need to see how many people are online for both home and away matches, I know this forum has half the amount of members online when it's a home game, and obviously not every member will want to use a chat room as we still had members online when DET had the match chat box.

Away games I would guess you would also see more users online, are you going to be able to afford to travel to every away game, are you able to travel to every away game?

Are the club going to want any kind of licence fee from you?

Advertisers will want to see large numbers online before committing to advertsing space, DCFC Today were offering space which was never filled despite the numbers they had online all week.

You could go for clickable Google Adsense, clicks can be worth anything from 2p to a fiver but most around 10p, are people going to click these ads?

I'd like to see your site go up, but just don't give up the day job.....when you get one ;)

I'm not trying to put you off doing the site, just want you to be a little realistic about earning a living from it, if your looking to do these sites you need to get the calculator out and do some sums.

Your website is all pinned on one day, match day so you need to see how many people are online for both home and away matches, I know this forum has half the amount of members online when it's a home game, and obviously not every member will want to use a chat room as we still had members online when DET had the match chat box.

Away games I would guess you would also see more users online, are you going to be able to afford to travel to every away game, are you able to travel to every away game?

Are the club going to want any kind of licence fee from you?

Advertisers will want to see large numbers online before committing to advertsing space, DCFC Today were offering space which was never filled despite the numbers they had online all week.

You could go for clickable Google Adsense, clicks can be worth anything from 2p to a fiver but most around 10p, are people going to click these ads?

I'd like to see your site go up, but just don't give up the day job.....when you get one ;)

Away games i'll cover to the best of my ability, but the idea is to get a reporter for each club from each club. I already have a few signed up. So I just need to get a fan who knows what he's talking about at each club and the home teams reporter will cover that game.

I have a good idea of what the club will be wanting, I think with a little change there'll be no problem there.

DCFC Today was never full I suspect because people bought the paper and the real advertising was there, not on the site. I plan to have the entire league covered, then to expand, so viewing numbers shouldn't be a problem if things go well.

And there will be rolling advertisements at half time, i'll give a mention of the adverts when half time begins, basically encouraging people to click them.

And cheers. I did have a normal job a year ago, recession meant I got one three hour shift a week compared to the 3 days I was getting before. Since then, been at college till this september and then this idea came up. I'm not one for not working Dav :rolleyes:

Archived