October Review

Duracell

Pretty sure we used to do this on the DET forum, but anyway, here's the return/introduction of the review of the month.

Just fill in each of these fields on the month of October:

Player of the month:

Goal of the month:

Game of the month:

Moment of the month:

Overall team's performance /10:

If you could change anything from October going into November, what would it be?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty sure we used to do this on the DET forum, but anyway, here's the return/introduction of the review of the month.

Player of the month: Brayford, real attacking threat

Goal of the month: Cywka vs Watford (His second goal)

Game of the month: Watford at home

Moment of the month: Final whistle vs Watford

Overall team's performance /10: 8/10 still feel theres more to come

If you could change anything from October going into November, what would it be?

Back 4 concentration levels

Player of the month:

For me, it has got to be the vast improvement of Kris Commons. He's clearly worked very hard to get some sort of fitness and he's working for the team now, even when he's not in particularly good form. He's played well enough for a new contract this month, it seems.

Goal of the month:

Very, very difficult, but it's Commons' winner against Donny for me. I wasn't there, but from the build up to that goal and the finish, it was brilliant to watch, and summed up our revival.

Game of the month:

I think the last match against Watford was the best. I wasn't remotely expecting it. The goals were great, and we overcame a spell of pressure brilliantly.

Moment of the month:

All of it except the Millwall game.

9/10. The defeat at Millwall sounded poor and we seem shakey at the begging of the second half in many games, but apart from that, could we have done any better?

To concede less goals. We're not getting enough clean sheets.

Player of the month:

Goal of the month:

Game of the month:

Moment of the month:

POTM: John Brayford.

Goal: Brayford vs Watford.

Game: Derby 4-1 Watford

Moment: Some of the sublime football from the midfield 3 on many occasions lol

Team: 9/10

Change: A few performances away from home tend to slip. Need everyone on the same level home and away.

Player of the month: Kris Commons

Goal of the month: Brayford v Watford

Game of the month: Difficult....Doncaster and Watford were brilliant

Derby 4 Watford 1

Moment of the month: Brayford goal

Overall team's performance /10: 8/10...need better away form

Nothing...... but i wish we had our own strikers....I'm old fashioned.

Player of the month: John Brayford Involved in most goals either as assist or earlier on in the play.

Goal of the month: Brayford Again, we saw earlier against Barnsley how he runs like a man possessed. Although he failed to stop them scoring that time, against Watford he got inbetween two men then finished like a striker. Top man!

Game of the month: Doncaster End to end stuff with great goals from both teams.

Moment of the month: Realisation that this team has what it takes to challenge other teams.

Overall team's performance: 7/10

If you could change anything from October going into November, what would it be?: Cut out the defensive mistakes, if ya can't win, draw!

Player of the month: Bueno, a different class.

Goal of the month: Cywka 2nd vs Watford

Game of the month: Preston

Moment of the month: One of my mates supports them, hence why it's game of the month!

Overall team's performance /10: 7/10.

The start of the 2nd half, we seem to be asleep for 10 or 15 minutes.

Player of the month: Kris Commons.

Goal of the month: Brayford v Watford. A great combination of strength, speed, and finishing skill.

Game of the month: Doncaster. A good away win against a good side. More of that and we’ll make the play offs :eek:

Moment of the month: Hard to choose between all of Clod’s clangers in that Palace game. I’ll go for his sublime pass that led to the Kuqi goal. (Yes, I know that was in September - don’t be so picky.)

Overall team's performance /10: 8/10

If you could change anything from October going into November, what would it be? To get Barker fully fit and in form. We'll be much more confident under pressure when he's back to his best.

Player of the month: John Brayford.

Goal of the month: Cywka's second vs Watford.

Game of the month: Doncster Rovers 2-3 Derby County.

Moment of the month: The final whistle against Watford.

Overall team's performance /10: 8.

If you could change anything from October going into November, what would it be?: An increased physical presence from our players, improved away form and more organisation in defence.

Player of the month:Bueno (over the month)

Goal of the month:Commons' 2nd against Boro

Game of the month:v Donny

Moment of the month:The Watford match demonstrating we can recover from the odd loss.

Overall team's performance /10: 9.5 out of 10 (only the performance at The Den is the down side

Change the result at The Den and hope that Bueno is fit fore the Pompey game.

Player of the month: : Bailey, understated and the heartbeat of the midfield, everything runs through him

Goal of the month: dont think we have scored a bad one, gonna go for brayford, its been a well earned goal, and well taken

Game of the month: Doncster, the performance was mind blowing, second half got tense, and a brilliant end to the game, had everything that was brilliant about football in that game

Moment of the month: would like to say going above forest, but honestly discovering leacock can play football again, brilliant

Overall team's performance /10: a solid 8, cut out the defensive errors and it would be a 9

If you could change anything from October going into November, what would it be?:

the bloody 15min period after half time, i dont know what they do at half time, but we seem to have a half hour break rather than 15, does annoy me

My first post.....

Player of the month: I have to go with Bailey - quietly gets on with it. I watched him all game last week v. Watford and he was my man of the match.

Goal of the month: I'll go for Cywka's first goal v. Watford. Looking at the video he was on his back side, got up, moved back to get space then took the shot with the ball was slightly behind him. (I know there was a big deflection but it was still brilliant)

Game of the month: I only go to home games so Watford for me.

Moment of the month: All of it.

Overall team's performance /10: 8 from me. Don't think we could really expect better.

If you could change anything from October going into November, what would it be?:: As with most replies need to do better at start of second half. havingsaid that we can only expect that teams will come at us after getting a battering in the first half.

Archived