Fitness journey

BatRam

16 minutes ago, BatRam said:

Christ , im no longer intrigued now ive seen the pricetag ahaaahah

Yes, it's expensive but very good. I got it following a nasty accident it gives me loads a data about what each leg is doing ( my right leg is f*****). The drivers insurance paid for it. There are much more affordable options. If you already have an outdoors bike something like this might work  https://www.evanscycles.com/brand/pinnacle/hc-turbo-home-trainer-712633 you take your back wheel off and put this in its place. If not there are cheap options like this https://jllfitness.co.uk/products/jf100-exercise-bike-2 which should be good for a workout but will lack some of the functions. In general the more you pay the cleverer they get. Pay more you get, training routines, virual climbs and can do virtual races with other people.

3 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

Yes, it's expensive but very good. I got it following a nasty accident it gives me loads a data about what each leg is doing ( my right leg is f*****). The drivers insurance paid for it. There are much more affordable options. If you already have an outdoors bike something like this might work  https://www.evanscycles.com/brand/pinnacle/hc-turbo-home-trainer-712633 you take your back wheel off and put this in its place. If not there are cheap options like this https://jllfitness.co.uk/products/jf100-exercise-bike-2 which should be good for a workout but will lack some of the functions. In general the more you pay the cleverer they get. Pay more you get, training routines, virual climbs and can do virtual races with other people.

You’d think PlayStation or Xbox would make a simulator or attachment , they’d really dominate the market 

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Managed a small jog this evening. It ain't much but it's something.

Although Mr Garmin said I had a fitness age of 51 which is quite depressing.

how old are you? iv purchased some bluetooth scales that give a rough idea of muscle mass, body fat etc. and thats depressing.

Movement is movement , just keep going! 

33 minutes ago, BatRam said:

how old are you? iv purchased some bluetooth scales that give a rough idea of muscle mass, body fat etc. and thats depressing.

Movement is movement , just keep going! 

Well I had my Garmin ages down to 29 at my fittest but previously the highest was 47. I'm in between those two in physical existence.

Posted (edited)

My spring weight loss efforts were scuppered by picking up a stinker of a cold/flu/covid that floored me for a couple of weeks, which has meant I've missed my target by about 3lbs before going on holiday this coming Saturday. Annoying in that it didn't kill my appetite but did stop the gym sessions.

I'm going to have to try not to go mental with the all-inclusive but I suspect we all know what's going to happen there.

Edited by Wolfie

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

My spring weight loss efforts were scuppered by picking up a stinker of a cold/flu/covid that floored me for a couple of weeks, which has meant I've missed my target by about 3lbs before going on holiday this coming Saturday. Annoying in that it didn't kill my appetite but did stop the gym sessions.

I'm going to have to try not to go mental with the all-inclusive but I suspect we all know what's going to happen there.

Ive been doing an aggressive cut. 1000-1500 calories. Its so much easier for me to do that for 2-3 week instead of months and months of being on a diet. Ye illness sucks mate hope you can suffer through your all inclusive 🤣

I'm just all for incremental changes towards the better.

I was genuinely shocked the other week when my better half pulled up photos of me from before I stopped running with my knee injury.

For me, I got to where I was slowly but surely, just learning to eat a bit less, eat a bit of fruit instead of the sweeties, and doing the running that I wanted to do (the trick is making yourself want these things).

Everyone is different and and what works for different people in different ways is all good as there's a will to just get yourself a little healthier than before.

It took me a while of not running to realise how important it had become to me. I was never fast, I got under 30 minutes at parkrun once, but I enjoyed a few half marathons and I like long slow runs when I am fit enough to do them, to a lot of people that's probably the most boring and rubbish fitness thing you could be doing.

Some movement and some better food choices. It all helps.