American owners tiring of challenge?

JohnClement

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I for one would be pleased to see PG back as owner of our club. He is Derby through and through, and will take us back to the Prem. Lessons have been learnt, and at least NC will be backed in the transfer market.
Another one of the "Boots " family:rolleyes:

Another one of the "Boots " family:rolleyes:

Hey smiffy, I remember you were on DET and was always behind Gadsby at 1st.

I am with Hinton and weither he borrows money to pump into the rams to get them back up to the prem I am not bothered.

What do people think GSE are doing to save their own jobs? exactly the same borrowing money off the owners to keep us afloat while they cut cost(not their own wages) to make us a look very good investment for someone....just hope it is Gadsby & Co.

If and when the current owners sell, it may just be a case of 'better the devil you know' with Gadsby.

I wouldn't have a problem with PG coming back. Were mistakes made under his regime? Yes. Have lessons been learned? Hard to see how they couldn't have been.

As for borrowing money, wasn't that pinned against the parachute payments and TV moneys?

Hey smiffy, I remember you were on DET and was always behind Gadsby at 1st.

I am with Hinton and weither he borrows money to pump into the rams to get them back up to the prem I am not bothered.

What do people think GSE are doing to save their own jobs? exactly the same borrowing money off the owners to keep us afloat while they cut cost(not their own wages) to make us a look very good investment for someone....just hope it is Gadsby & Co.

Wasn't everyone behind Mr Gadsby at first, they saved the club.

I am just stating the obvious, everytime Mr Gadsbys name comes up afresh, a NEW " Boots" always seems to appear :D

Yes I know, but with this newspaper article as one poster put it `there is no smoke withut fire`

I am hoping that it is true and that they are thinking of getting out of Derby and selling up for good.

The point about "no smoke without fire" was simply that people will assume there is something to this story otherwise the story wouldn't exist. But that could quite easily be a false assumption. Newspapers have column inches to fill, and fill them they will. I think this story is making its own smoke because there is no fire.

Another poster said they heard about the club being sold around Christmas time from two completely separate people, which to them validated the story. Fair enough. Ever heard of the theory of "six degrees of seperation"? The two people who told you about it may not be directly connected to each other, but they probably have some indirect link to the source of the story. Doesn't mean it's true, or false for that matter, just because you heard it from 2 separate people. I've heard things from more than 1 person before, I dare say we all have - some are true and some not. I choose not to believe this story, partly because I prefer the devil I know. GSE may not be perfect, but we all know we've had worse and I've nothing on which to base any hope that anyone else could do better at the moment, and that includes a certain recent former owner. New owners will always promise the good times, but delivering them ain't so easy. Sure, I wish the manager was given a shed load of cash to buy new players, but that approach doesn't always work out well.

Wasn't everyone behind Mr Gadsby at first, they saved the club.

I am just stating the obvious, everytime Mr Gadsbys name comes up afresh, a NEW " Boots" always seems to appear :D

Yes true Smiffy.

All the best Portugal BOOTS ram;)

Come on Gadsby make the move man. We all know you must have learnt your lesson now and ready to give Nige some decent money to spend and take us back to the prem.

A glimmer of hope for all us people who see that the yanks are not benefiting this club.

I agree, we've gone from a massive wage bill, with useless over paid players, who couldn't score in a brothel, to a team of hungry young players who are playing the game the right way with a level headed manager to boot. BOOOO!

YANKS OUT!

The point about "no smoke without fire" was simply that people will assume there is something to this story otherwise the story wouldn't exist. But that could quite easily be a false assumption. Newspapers have column inches to fill, and fill them they will. I think this story is making its own smoke because there is no fire.

Another poster said they heard about the club being sold around Christmas time from two completely separate people, which to them validated the story. Fair enough. Ever heard of the theory of "six degrees of seperation"? The two people who told you about it may not be directly connected to each other, but they probably have some indirect link to the source of the story. Doesn't mean it's true, or false for that matter, just because you heard it from 2 separate people. I've heard things from more than 1 person before, I dare say we all have - some are true and some not. I choose not to believe this story, partly because I prefer the devil I know. GSE may not be perfect, but we all know we've had worse and I've nothing on which to base any hope that anyone else could do better at the moment, and that includes a certain recent former owner. New owners will always promise the good times, but delivering them ain't so easy. Sure, I wish the manager was given a shed load of cash to buy new players, but that approach doesn't always work out well.

I know what your saying,but did he not say one was on the coaching staff, also better the devil you know than not...come on the devil i know is Gadsby and alot better having thru and thru Derby fan as the devil you know than some Yanks from across the pond.

I agree, we've gone from a massive wage bill, with useless over paid players, who couldn't score in a brothel, to a team of hungry young players who are playing the game the right way with a level headed manager to boot. BOOOO!

YANKS OUT!

Yes you have a point Boycie(love the name bye the way) but thats Nige done that not the Yanks, they have cut everything, but not done anything on the pitch have they?

Well, they've given Nigel a budget to buy players with, and backed him with Bueno, and paid off players who Clough thought were bad influences on the other players.

Glick hasn't scored a goal yet, I'll give you that one, but Sav's scored one, so there must be hope aywot?:)

YANKS OUT!

It's disgusting what GSE have done to our club innit!

I'm sure that Nigel will be licking his lips at this news, he will finally be allowed to splash the cash on a load of overated Charlies.

We'l have to sell that ***** he got from League 2 first, come on...what were GSE thinking forcing him to bring young English crap?

Come Gadsby hurry up and get the biggest loan the banks will give you!

I'll lend him some if he's short.

I think every member on here with a house needs to remortgage it and give the money to the new owners aswell.

I'll give Metgod a ring and tell him to start scouting the Premiership scrapheap, min wage 20k pw and they must, I repeat MUST cost us at least a million each.

I know what your saying,but did he not say one was on the coaching staff, also better the devil you know than not...come on the devil i know is Gadsby and alot better having thru and thru Derby fan as the devil you know than some Yanks from across the pond.

You only have to look on a forum like this to see that Derby fans don't agree on everything, so just because the owner is a fan doesn't mean he'll do what we all think would be the right thing for the club.

I've heard stuff in the past from coaching staff and physio's which have turned out not to bear fruit. No-one's trying to be deceptive, just that things change. I'm not sure why a member of the coaching staff would automatically know what was going on at board level regarding ownership of the club anyway.

YANKS OUT!

Yeah. That season where we won promotion was *****....

I'd hate for us to do that again.

Archived