Anderson has pulled a hammy

Day

Russell Anderson is set for a short spell on the sidelines with a slight hamstring injury.

The experienced defender sustained the injury whilst playing for Derby's reserves against Sheffield Wednesday on Tuesday.

The Rams' medical team have told dcfc.co.uk Anderson will miss Saturday's home game with Watford.

It is hoped he will be able to resume full training in the next week or two, with the injury demmed not a serious one.

Anderson had only recently returned to the first-team after a two-month spell in the treatment room with a groin problem.

He made cameo appearances from the bench in the wins over Preston North End and Doncaster Rovers, his first outings since the opening game of the season against Leeds United.

With Anderson missing for the game against Watford, the Rams have been boosted by midfielder Stephen Pearson's return to fitness.

He has missed the last three games with a knee injury but has resumed training this week and could be on the bench against the Hornets.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2198911,00.html

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But Pearo's back!!!

Which no doubt will mean someone else in the squad who's better will be missing out.

Why do Derby rate Pearson so highly? His effort is brilliant and he's a decent player to have in the squad, but why he's often treated like a key player i have no idea. He can run alright but he can't pass, shoot or cross. I'm sure whatever he can do Martin can do too. They seem very much alike except that Pearson is always squeezed into the a squad that's passed him by and Martin doesn't even make the bench.

Anyway, it's a bit of a blow about Anderson. It means we have to keep forcing Barker and Leacock to play through some discomfort they have mentioned again. I wonder if Barker's feeling a little rushed. Hence his patchy performances?

To my knowledge that's the third injury he's had since he came to Derby.

He was injured for 2 years at Sunderland, cost them a million and only managed 1 start for them in a Cup game and 1 sub appearance, so I guess we should count ourselves lucky we've had 10 starts out of him already.

But Pearo's back!!!

Which no doubt will mean someone else in the squad who's better will be missing out.

Why do Derby rate Pearson so highly? His effort is brilliant and he's a decent player to have in the squad, but why he's often treated like a key player i have no idea. He can run alright but he can't pass, shoot or cross. I'm sure whatever he can do Martin can do too. They seem very much alike except that Pearson is always squeezed into the a squad that's passed him by and Martin doesn't even make the bench.

Anyway, it's a bit of a blow about Anderson. It means we have to keep forcing Barker and Leacock to play through some discomfort they have mentioned again. I wonder if Barker's feeling a little rushed. Hence his patchy performances?

I think Pearsons pace means he could be a great player, and when he's fully fit he's strong and can run all game.

Unfortunately, he can't pass a through ball, he's crap at heading and he hardly ever chips in with any goals. I think they're banking on being able to get him used to passing it about more and hope when he's fully fit that it all comes together.

By all accounts he should be lethal away from home with his pace, just never works out like that. He's the most frustrating player i've seen.

Oh, and shame about Andersons injury, looks a great player for us when fit, i'm a real fan of him. Hopefully he's back in a week or so.

I think Pearsons pace means he could be a great player, and when he's fully fit he's strong and can run all game.

Unfortunately, he can't pass a through ball, he's crap at heading and he hardly ever chips in with any goals. I think they're banking on being able to get him used to passing it about more and hope when he's fully fit that it all comes together.

By all accounts he should be lethal away from home with his pace, just never works out like that. He's the most frustrating player i've seen.

Oh, and shame about Andersons injury, looks a great player for us when fit, i'm a real fan of him. Hopefully he's back in a week or so.

he (pearson) could be a decent player (great too ambitious for him) but i dont see where he would fit into a side thats getting as good as we are. i think hes had his chance and should be used as a bench warmer cause hes got no skill watsoever i think pringles got more maybe not the pace though.

even when sav retires hell play bailey and green as holdin midfielders and cywka and martin out wide with commons central mid untill addisons fit then put him where green is holding mid and green just in front instead of martin.

whens pearo`s contract up anyway?

I rhink when you have had a major injury as Anderson you start to presure on other parts of your body and have lots of niggles such as pulled hamstrings.

As for Pearson think he would fit in as one of the holding midfielders as his energy is as good as Greens also think away from home he would also fitt in well on the left of our attacking three as he can pin back full backs quite well with his pace and if he gets 5 million crosse's a couple might be good ;)

he (pearson) could be a decent player (great too ambitious for him) but i dont see where he would fit into a side thats getting as good as we are. i think hes had his chance and should be used as a bench warmer cause hes got no skill watsoever i think pringles got more maybe not the pace though.

even when sav retires hell play bailey and green as holdin midfielders and cywka and martin out wide with commons central mid untill addisons fit then put him where green is holding mid and green just in front instead of martin.

whens pearo`s contract up anyway?

He signed a new three year deal last season.

I presume he'll fit into the attacking three and they'll just use his speed, he certainly seems to be favoured over Martin.

Russell Anderson is set for a short spell on the sidelines with a slight hamstring injury.

The experienced defender sustained the injury whilst trying to help Chris Porter out of his wheelchair on Tuesday. Jake Buxton suffered a slight discomfort in his eye when witnessing the incident and has been taken to a darkened room. On learning of this Steve Davies was very slightly distressed. Unfortunately the mild shock of it has put him back a couple of weeks in his rehabilitation.

The Rams' medical team have told dcfc.co.uk Anderson will miss Saturday's home game with Watford.

Anderson had only recently returned to the first-team after a two-month spell in the treatment room with a copy of Penthouse and a groin problem.

He emerged into the light for the wins over Preston North End and Doncaster Rovers. But these first outings since the opening game of the season against Leeds United proved to be a bit too much.

With Anderson missing for the game against Watford, the Rams have been boosted by midfielder Stephen Pearson's return.

He has missed the last three games with rigor mortis but could be on the bench against the Hornets.

"We might put Stephen on for ten minutes" said Rams boss Nigel Clough " to see if he moves. Its never easy to come back from that type of rigid muscular paralysis, especially with everyone watching".

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2198911,00.html[]

Archived