Marino Rahmberg

DAILLY 22

i was looking around 606 and found this 'where are they now' article...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A76109880

i like to think i have an encyclopaedic knowledge of all things derby county within my lifetime (i’m 23) so i was shocked to find we had a player in 1996 who i'd never heard of?!! :eek:

can anyone help? who was this marino rahmberg character?!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i was looking around 606 and found this 'where are they now' article...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A76109880

i like to think i have an encyclopaedic knowledge of all things derby county within my lifetime (i’m 23) so i was shocked to find we had a player in 1996 who i'd never heard of?!! :eek:

can anyone help? who was this marino rahmberg character?!

Well if I remember right...........

He was on trial from Sweden for us but never actually played a first team game if I remember correctly....

I went to watch the reserve game at the BBG for his debut on trial as was so keen to see him, it was a big thing then to have him on trial (from europe etc)... Quite a few fans were there that night to watch him if I recall...

Anyway, he was no good so never signed and off he went back to Sweden I think!!

He made the bench once, when somebody else, not sure who, got injured in the warm-up. As I remember it, there was a tannoy announcement asking him to report to the dressing room. He didn't get on, though.

You are right there Bristol, it was against Villa in the F.A. Cup, I think it might have been Chris Powell, but again not 100% certain. I think it was him as Paul Simpson came into the starting line-up at LWB.

I remember the tannoy announcement as there was a huge roar after it from the toyota stand. (it might not have been huge as I was only 11 at the time)

Hope this helps you try and fit him into the best era as a Rams Fan in our life time!!

No it was jacob Larsen, Dailly went to centre half, someone came in at midfield, I think Flynn, rahmberg was watching in the stands and was told to put a kit on.

Ahh, I remember now, Simmo came on for Rowett after about 20 mins.

cheers for the replys guys, i did a bit of research myself and came back with the squad list from 96/97, wow we had a good squad back then, probably my favorite ever!

1 Russell Hoult

2 Gary Rowett

3 Chris Powell

4 Darryl Powell

5 Dean Yates

6 Igor Å timac

7 Robin van der Laan

8 Dean Sturridge

9 Marco Gabbiadini

10 AljoÅ¡a Asanović

11 Ron Willems

12 Ashley Ward