Netflix

Day

Starting today, we will be sending this email to members who are sharing Netflix outside their household in the United Kingdom.   

A Netflix account is for use by one household. Everyone living in that household can use Netflix wherever they are – at home, on the go, on holiday – and take advantage of new features like Transfer Profile and Manage Access and Devices.

https://about.netflix.com/en/news/update-on-sharing-may-gb

So much for love is sharing a password. 

They started charging us 5€ a month more (rather than set up a new account for her) just before Christmas, so that my sister in law could continue to use Netflix in HD rather than set up a new low def account. I probably won't see 50% of those 60€ a year, just as I didn't see the 5€ a month I was already paying so that she could see Netflix in the first place.

I only share my account with my Dad. As far as I’m concerned, he is part of my household, it’s just that he has to live in extra care. So it depends on your definition of household.

having said that, it probably wouldn’t bankrupt him to have to pay for his own account. 

1 minute ago, TigerTedd said:

I only share my account with my Dad. As far as I’m concerned, he is part of my household, it’s just that he has to live in extra care. So it depends on your definition of household.

having said that, it probably wouldn’t bankrupt him to have to pay for his own account. 

Here it's location based, however if the account is in a tablet and you register it in your household then it can move to another house in the case of a student for example.