Sven-Göran Eriksson new Leicester City manager

CumbrianRam

According to BBC Radio Leicester:

LCFC sack their manager 11am and a new one signs a 2 year contract at 11pm. Sven's signed a 2 year deal.....its being reported - done

LCFC sack their manager 11am and a new one signs a 2 year contract at 11pm. Sven's signed a 2 year deal.....its being reported - done.

— Ian Stringer (@StringerSport)

October 1, 2010

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skysports.com understands that Sven Goran Eriksson has agreed a deal to take charge of Leicester.

The Foxes dismissed Paulo Sousa on Friday morning and chairman Milan Mandaric is now looking to name a successor by the end of the weekend.

It is thought that former England boss Eriksson was quickly identified as the club's first choice and is now close to being officially appointed.

The Swedish tactician is believed to have agreed a two-year contract with the Championship outfit, with the option of a further two years if he can win promotion to the Premier League.

The Swedish tactician could be in the stands on Saturday to watch as the Foxes take on Ssausagehorpe at the Walkers Stadium, with Mandaric making no secret of the fact that he wants an 'experienced' manager.

Mandaric said: "It's important we bring in an experienced manager and it's important we complete the process quickly.

"We have a short-list of three candidates, all experienced managers, and we have to move quickly after these unfortunate events.

"We must do it quickly to satisfy the needs of the team and the supporters' expectations, within the next 48 hours."

Martin O'Neill had been linked with the role but there is no chance of him returning to management with Leicester, according to League Managers Association chief executive Richard Bevan.

"I've spoken to Martin following a significant amount of rumours in the media this morning and Martin will not be returning at this stage to Leicester and he's not in communication with the club," said Bevan.

"I don't see Martin going to Leicester City at this stage."

Bevan has hit out at Mandaric for sacking Sousa, saying Leicester should 'examine their manager recruitment strategy'.

But Mandaric has now defended himself against the criticism, saying: "I think it's an unfair statement but of course the chairman has a vested interest to protect the managers.

"My vested interest is Leicester City and the results of Leicester City. If I don't have the results, if we are failing, I've got to make the change.

"I'm doing what is the best for our football club and our supporters.

"I don't think you have to be a brain surgeon to figure it out. If you play nine competitive games and you win only one it's not good enough.

"I have a lot of time for Paulo, he's a great man, a good football man, but it didn't work out for him, and I've got to work for the interests of the club, and if we'd continued like that, we'd be working for relegation rather than going up."

Mandaric added: "I don't like to change people. I'm not known in my business for changing people. When I have the right manager I stick with him.

"I had Harry Redknapp [at Portsmouth] for four years, and I'd probably have had him for another 44 years.

"When you have a good person that does produce and give you results, why would you change it?"

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11712_6420809,00.html

He's been all over the world, Sweden, Italy, England, Mexico, Ivory Coast. So it makes sense that he wants to end his world tour in such a fine place as the East Midlands. :cool:

Seriously though this is crazy! How much must they be paying him? And how long till he is sacked due to them not being in the automatic spots by the end of his first match? :rolleyes:

Archived