Weekend

rojo

It always puts a downer on my weekend when my team loses. The one bit of brightness was Paul Warnes winning start for Derby.

PW will get you out of this division, hopefully this season. He's managed a yo yo club and each time we landed back in division 1 he had to rebuild at least 1/2 the squad. 3 promotions at the first attempt is phenomenal. 

I hope he makes it 4 on the bounce. If not give him time.

It looks like he set up 3 5 2 or 3 1 4 2 that's his usual set up. It's the wingbacks who have the biggest workload. 

One question how many players does Derby have to can wingback?

1 minute ago, rojo said:

It always puts a downer on my weekend when my team loses. The one bit of brightness was Paul Warnes winning start for Derby.

PW will get you out of this division, hopefully this season. He's managed a yo yo club and each time we landed back in division 1 he had to rebuild at least 1/2 the squad. 3 promotions at the first attempt is phenomenal. 

I hope he makes it 4 on the bounce. If not give him time.

It looks like he set up 3 5 2 or 3 1 4 2 that's his usual set up. It's the wingbacks who have the biggest workload. 

One question how many players does Derby have to can wingback?

Should read who can play wingback?

9 minutes ago, rojo said:

Should read who can play wingback?

Mendez-Laing and Barkhuizen started yesterday, but are more traditional wingers. Both could play on either side, but we've only seen Mendez-Laing on the right so far this season. 

Oduroh was signed in the summer as a backup RB (but never signed a first choice RB, and still hasn't played in the league). We used Knight instead in an inverted RB/RWB role, but he'll be used at CM whenever we can.

For LWB, there's Forsyth who has been a LB who fills in at CB in emergcies since signing for us. There is also Roberts who predominantly played at CB for Brighton, but has played only in an inverted LB role since joining us on loan.

I'll be surprised if we don't sign a LWB in January.