Alvaston Falklands Memorial Bench

PearTree Ram

Hello All. 

Please consider donating to the following cause.

Falklands War Memorial Bench in Alvaston, Derby.

A tribute to Marine John Nowak (Blue) who sadly passed away during the Falklands War in 1982.

The bench will be located close to where John Nowak is buried at Boulton St Mary's Cemetery within the Church grounds. 

It is hoped that it will be installed within the first half of 2023.

The installation of the bench has the backing of the Nowak family, local Councillors and Boulton St Mary's Church.

It will also pay respect to all the military personnel who engaged in the Falklands War.

In particular the 6 Derbyshire men who tragically passed away. 

John Nowak 
Iain Boldy 
Wayne Tarbard 
Ronald Hoole 
John Pashley
Stephen Tonkin 

Please feel free to donate anything you can. Every penny will be appreciated.

Never Forgotten - Always Remembered.

#Falklands40

https://gofund.me/415ccc45

Thank You.

Pear Tree Ram 

InShot_20220614_212020729.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Only just seen this post, and want to say thankyou for posting it, I went through Depot Para in 1990, my full screw instructor was down South as were many members of the regiment I served with when I got too battalion......they were legends in us younger Paratroopers eyes.......what all the men/woman from all three services did down there was exceptional....but what 2 Para and 3 Para did down there was phenomenal........RIP all the fallen, and respect to the class of 82 ? ? ?

3 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

Only just seen this post, and want to say thankyou for posting it, I went through Depot Para in 1990, my full screw instructor was down South as were many members of the regiment I served with when I got too battalion......they were legends in us younger Paratroopers eyes.......what all the men/woman from all three services did down there was exceptional....but what 2 Para and 3 Para did down there was phenomenal........RIP all the fallen, and respect to the class of 82 ? ? ?

Too add if anyone wants an insight of how harrowing but emphatic the war was, this is the best and most honest documentary I have seen on the Falklands War,.....Our Falklands War: A Frontline Story......its on BBC iplayer

Derbyshire's Falklands War heroes to be remembered through new memorial

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/derbyshires-fallen-falklands-war-heroes-7308755?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Target Raised.

Just a matter of making it and then installation. 

Kal.