Derby County v Crystal Palace

Day

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kuqi was fantastic, won everything in the air, run around finding space and drawing defenders constantly, deserved a goal for all his work. He won't perform like that all the time for us, but I hope the fans will stick with him as when he's "up for it" he can do the damage.

Bueno was good, found space, comfortable running with the ball and passing, 2 very good goals and unlucky not to get a hatrick.

Bailey and Brayford were both brilliant, Bailey's range of passing is stunning and Brayford tore Davids and Bennett to shreds.

A couple of slightly sour points; Green needs to learn to shoot, he either puts them straight at the keeper or wide, something which has been going on for a while and Pearson's final door was woeful.

Savage could have gone for that tackle early in the second half.

It was a good performance, we had chances coming out of our ears, and the stats put in don't show how many times the final ball let us down, or players got crowded out, Brayford also had 2 or 3 dangerous balls cleared that could have ended up. We made alot today, when they had 11 we still looked bright and with 10 the extra man paid almost constantly.

Oh, and on radio Derby Glick (I think) said we have money to spent for high calibre front men, if Nigel finds someone who they deem suitable there is money to spend but they refuse to have it frittered away, is basically what he said.

Now onto Tuesday and Boro. :D

What a performance today when everything seemed to click into place to be fair though i think Palace are the worst side i've seen at Pride Park that said you can only beat what's in front of you and if i'm being honest even if Vaughan who was rightly sent off had stayed on I don't think it would've made any difference to today's result.:)

absolutely cracking result really made watching derby enjoyable again best i've seen us play since peterborough at home first game last season, everytime we went forward we looked like scoring i'll give him his due shefki kept the ball up well & put a few good challenges in but when he was running he was about as fast as a fat lad running through a pool of treacle he could haved easily had a hattrick if he was a little quicker i was amamzed we wern't 3 or 4 nil up in the first half bywater's antics in the second half was quality too :D

Archived