Alek Ludzik

Alek Ludzik was born in Derby in 1950. In 1967, soon after becoming the Derby County manager, Brian Clough signed him as a goalkeeper. He was the understudy initially to Reg Matthews and Colin Boulton and then to Les Green and Boulton. I recall his time at Derby and I remember watching him a time or two playing for the reserves but mostly he played in the 'A' team, which before the days of the academies was effectively our third team.

I remember him leaving Derby but I never knew about his football career thereafter. I am surprised that he didn't get some coverage in the DET over the years. Today I came across the article in the link below and found it fascinating. I think it will be of particular interest to those with an interest in the Clough & Taylor era:

https://www.the42.ie/the42-reads-alek-ludzik-5641708-Jan2022/

6 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Alek Ludzik was born in Derby in 1950. In 1967, soon after becoming the Derby County manager, Brian Clough signed him as a goalkeeper. He was the understudy initially to Reg Matthews and Colin Boulton and then to Les Green and Boulton. I recall his time at Derby and I remember watching him a time or two playing for the reserves but mostly he played in the 'A' team, which before the days of the academies was effectively our third team.

I remember him leaving Derby but I never knew about his football career thereafter. I am surprised that he didn't get some coverage in the DET over the years. Today I came across the article in the link below and found it fascinating. I think it will be of particular interest to those with an interest in the Clough & Taylor era:

https://www.the42.ie/the42-reads-alek-ludzik-5641708-Jan2022/

Great read that Brailsford. Never heard of him before but its a brilliant football story.