Ilkeston Town - Help Needed!

ilsonfan

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ILKESTON Town Football Club has been compulsorily wound up over its £50,000 tax debts after a top High Court official described the company as "plainly insolvent".

The Blue Square Bet North club's lawyers pleaded with the court to give it more time to pay up.

They said the sale of one of the club's star players was expected to generate £20,000 within the next two weeks and offered to pay off its tax debt by installments of £1,000-a-month.

The court also heard Ilkeston Town's Chairman, Gary Hodder, is currently negotiating with investors interested in purchasing the Derbyshire club.

Lawyers said Revenue and Customs' petition to have the club compulsorily wound up is already causing difficulties due to a transfer embargo, which prevents the Robins replacing the player it is currently in the process of selling.

However, HMRC pressed on with the winding up petition over the debt, which their barrister said was "just in excess of £50,000".

After a two-minute hearing today, Registrar Derrett sealed the club's fate when she said: "I'm sorry, the company is plainly insolvent and I therefore make the final compulsory order".

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/news/BREAKING-NEWS-Ilkeston-Town-Football-Club-compulsorily-wound/article-2620194-detail/article.html

ILKESTON Town Football Club has been compulsorily wound up over its £50,000 tax debts after a top High Court official described the company as "plainly insolvent".

The Blue Square Bet North club's lawyers pleaded with the court to give it more time to pay up.

They said the sale of one of the club's star players was expected to generate £20,000 within the next two weeks and offered to pay off its tax debt by installments of £1,000-a-month.

The court also heard Ilkeston Town's Chairman, Gary Hodder, is currently negotiating with investors interested in purchasing the Derbyshire club.

Lawyers said Revenue and Customs' petition to have the club compulsorily wound up is already causing difficulties due to a transfer embargo, which prevents the Robins replacing the player it is currently in the process of selling.

However, HMRC pressed on with the winding up petition over the debt, which their barrister said was "just in excess of £50,000".

After a two-minute hearing today, Registrar Derrett sealed the club's fate when she said: "I'm sorry, the company is plainly insolvent and I therefore make the final compulsory order".

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/news/BREAKING-NEWS-Ilkeston-Town-Football-Club-compulsorily-wound/article-2620194-detail/article.html

Sell of a star player for 20k? Morgan-smith to Derby?

Archived