Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

Day

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a tough one for Derby this. You never know there could be a couple of irons pulled out of the fire midweek, and these new stars will alter the whole complexion of the team. I'm talking about marquee signings here.

I'll get me strides ready, you can iron them for me.:frown:

ROB Hulse looks set to miss Derby County's home game against early Championship leaders Queens Park Rangers on Saturday.

An Achilles problem ruled the striker out of the last two matches against Cardiff City and Coventry City.

Hulse has had an injection to help the injury settle but he is now only likely to be fit after the two-week international break.

"Rob has some irritation in his Achilles. He will be very doubtful for Saturday and it will probably be after the international break when he will be fit," said manager Nigel Clough.

Derby are likely to be short of fully fit strikers again this weekend.

They went into Saturday's defeat at Coventry with left-back Dean Moxey as a makeshift forward, while Chris Porter (hip) and Tomasz Cywka (fractured cheekbone) were only fit enough to start on the bench.

The Rams have made inquiries about loan signings and are waiting to hear from clubs with less than a week to go before the transfer window closes next Tuesday.

"There is a chance of getting somebody in before Saturday but everybody seems to be waiting for something to happen. I think the last few days of the window is probably when it will all kick off," said Clough.

Porter and Cywka came on as late substitutes at Coventry and could be on the bench again.

Cywka damaged his cheekbone in the last home game against Cardiff and underwent surgery only 10 days ago.

"Chris Porter will do his specific work in the early part of the week, with a view to joining in full training near the end of the week to see if he is OK for Saturday," said Clough. "Tomasz was a bit off it when he came on at Coventry, which is understandable. It was a gamble just to put him on the bench."

Derby might have to use Moxey in attack again.

He scored at Coventry and could have finished with a hat-trick.

"If we have to use Dean again, we would have no problem with that," said Clough.

"It would be a bit more difficult for him at home because, as a striker, away from home you have got a bit more licence, although we did play like the home team for the majority of the Coventry game.

"In some ways, it was a no-lose situation for Dean. He went up front, ran around, got himself a goal and did very well for us, apart from being offside too many times. There is no excuse for that.

"But he was certainly not the reason we lost the game."

Luke Varney started up front in the last home game but was left out of the squad at Coventry because of the transfer talks surrounding the striker.

"There is still interest in Luke and there have been a inquiries," said Clough.

"I feel a bit sorry for him because he is in limbo at the moment. We will review the situation ahead of the weekend but there is still the likelihood somebody will come in for him."

QPR and former club Charlton Athletic are thought to be interested in the player.

http://www.therams.co.uk/news/Achilles-injection-Hulse-sidelines/article-2564913-detail/article.html

if varney isn't gone by saturday we have to play him, I couldn't give a damn where he is going but if he is still contracted on saturday to derby county he has got to play. Villa did it with milner so why not us, also if moxey starts up front on saturday and clough has no problem with that then we deserve to lose

if varney isn't gone by saturday we have to play him, I couldn't give a damn where he is going but if he is still contracted on saturday to derby county he has got to play. Villa did it with milner so why not us, also if moxey starts up front on saturday and clough has no problem with that then we deserve to lose

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Archived