Paddy Madden - Bohemians

Rodders

DERBY County are running the rule over young Irish striker Paddy Madden.

Rams manager Nigel Clough was in Dublin on Sunday to see the 20-year-old forward play for Bohemians in their 3-0 defeat by leaders Shamrock Rovers in a League of Ireland clash.

The Rams have also watched the player on other occasions.

Madden, a Republic of Ireland Under-21 international, made his debut for Bohemians in 2008 and had a loan spell at Shelbourne, where he scored eight goals in 16 appearances.

He has hit 13 goals in 40 games for Bohemians and his form this season has caught the eye.

A run of nine goals in five matches saw him named the Airtricity/Soccer Writers' Association of Ireland Player of the Month for June.

"It's been great to be scoring regularly but I just want to continue giving good performances. Awards like this are great and, hopefully, it's the first of many," said Madden, who has also represented the Republic of Ireland at under-19 and under-23 levels.

He was in the starting line-up for a League of Ireland side which played Manchester United last week in a match to mark the opening of the Aviva Stadium on the site of the old Lansdowne Road ground.

Former Rams striker Gary Twigg scored for Shamrock in their victory over Bohemians and the 26-year-old, who played nine times for Derby, has been named the FAI Airtricity League of Ireland player of the year for 2009.

Young Rams midfielder Jeff Hendrick was nominated for the under-17 International Player of the Year award, which went to Stephen McDonnell of Dundalk.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/sport/Clough-runs-rule-striker-Madden/article-2507224-detail/article.html

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kevin Doyle hit 25 goals in 75 games for Cork City before moving to Reading.

I've already created a chant to sing from my armchair...ahem.......

"With a nick nack paddy whack, Give the lad the ball, This young man will feckin score."

HOWWWZZZAT?

Kevin Doyle hit 25 goals in 75 games for Cork City before moving to Reading.

I've already created a chant to sing from my armchair...ahem.......

"With a nick nack paddy whack, Give the lad the ball, This young man will feckin score."

HOWWWZZZAT?

schoolboy effort!

mark12345

I know there's some Irish IP addies reading this thread, so how do you rate this player? Does he play for your team?

Don't be shy.

I've been talking to his mate, who is staying close to me in Boston for the summer. He's the real deal apparently. They've all be raving about him on the north side of Dublin for a few years. Worth a go I would think?

Hope he turns into another Charlie George.

Archived