Commons wants new deal

red fever

Derby winger Kris Commons is hoping to leave his injury problems behind him and earn a new deal at Pride Park.

The Scotland international has endured a frustrating 12 months, with niggling knocks restricting him to just 24 appearances last season.

Those problems have prevented him from showcasing his true ability, with it widely accepted that he is one of the top performers outside of the Premier League.

Commons is determined to get back to that level in 2010/11, though, and returned to pre-season training three weeks ahead of his team-mates in an effort to get in shape.

He believes he is now in peak condition heading into the new campaign and is determined to put in the performances on the field which will convince manager Nigel Clough to hand him a contract extension.

"There is nothing worse than getting to November, December, January time and there is nothing on the table - you start thinking about where your future lies," said Commons.

"Hopefully, I can come back fit, get some games under my belt and then start thinking about negotiating a new deal.

"It would be ideal if I could get my future sorted and can then concentrate on my football.

"I've got myself ready, will prepare myself well and, hopefully, there will be no more injuries this season."

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i would give commons a new deal if he starts 30+ games for us this season, if he doesn't i would say bye bye

He's played 54 games in the last 2 seasons ( average 27 games per season )

He played 138 games for Forest over 4 seasons ( average 34 games per season )

Both sets of figures include cup games

He's always been prone to injury & he's playing less & less as his career goes on. He might get over the problems, but the evidence says get rid.

Injuries are something the club and Kris himself can't avoid or prevent.

We should consider the fact that he works hard and that's a pro. He is a luxury yes, but at times in the last two season he has had a crucial input.

I say keep him.

He was injury prone at Forest but when he left the dogs they were said to see him go and we would be too. Offer him a contract extension.

As for Davies, I'm sorry but he has no luck so he shouldn't be offered a new contract.

Give him a 2 year deal now, even if he manages just half a season we can say look Kris we think it's time you move on and there will be clubs that will want to sign him.

If we diddle daddle around and he shows the same form from pre-season into the league, Premiership clubs will be sniffing around after him and he won't sign a new contract, bye bye for nowt.

there wont be if he injures himself all the time, also i think we overate kris commons tbh. He looked good in a very poor side last season, yes without him tbh we would ahve been relegated but he isn't good enough for the premiership in my opinon, not by a longshot

Of course there will be interest in him, he's not the first injury prone player in the history of football, a top Championship side or lower Premiership club would snap him up quickly. I also don't think we over rate him at all, he is a very good Championship player which is why there was interest from Wolves and Stoke in him.

Of course there will be interest in him, he's not the first injury prone player in the history of football, a top Championship side or lower Premiership club would snap him up quickly. I also don't think we over rate him at all, he is a very good Championship player which is why there was interest from Wolves and Stoke in him.

Stoke? That was all in your head, and your sick texts.

Archived