Paul Smith Transfer Listed

Day

GOALKEEPER Paul Smith has been told he has no future at Nottingham Forest.

Manager Billy Davies has placed the Reds stopper on the transfer list, having informed him that he is free to seek first team football elsewhere.

Forest are likely to demand a fee for the player, who cost £500k when signed from Southampton four years ago.

But, with first choice keeper Lee Camp earning plaudits for his performances last season, Davies believes the time is right for Smith to find another club.

"I have told Paul that his future lies away from Nottingham Forest," said Davies.

"It is in his best interests and in the best interests of the club if he moves on to pastures new.

"He needs somewhere where he can get regular first team football, which we can't offer him here.

"He has been placed on the transfer list and is available for sale."

Smith, 30, was once on the fringes of an international call-up, after being invited to train with the England squad while playing for Southampton.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/sport/Forest-keeper-Smith-placed-transfer-list/article-2476178-detail/article.html

-----------------------------------------------------------

What if Camp picks up a long term injury, are they really that strapped for cash down the A52?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I aint dreaming, Billy has transfer listed him. He's either trimming his squad for the mass influx of players (highly unlikely), or rasing the funds as ND is refusing to fund the club out his back pocket. You decide, I already have :D

You have cover? who's that, Ken Barlow or what's his name. Your telling me that you would be comfortable playing a young rookie in between the sticks in your automatic promotion chasing season, with a midfielder at left back and god knows who else you will play in defence?.

And I thought Billy said that he doesn't want to see anymore senior players leaving, he wants experienced additions. Getting rid of a 30 year old experienced keeper and relying on a 19 year old rookie as backup doesn't make sense unless Smith has asked to leave after your fans boooooed him against Lyon.

Well done Daveo, I am not going on a Forest site again for breaking news, and I have recommended that you be nominated as Nottingham Forest's Roving Reporter!:D

Serious about Promotion?,

stop being negative CHAMPIONS LEAGUE watch and learn SOLIB:D

Yup, we don't need gut feelings or memories of 30 years ago. Today 31st July 2010 with a week to go until the season starts and your number 2 keeper is transfer listed, thoughts please.

If I want to mention Gut Feelings or what happened 30 years ago I WILL!

Freedom of speech and all that, but to stop your tantrums I WON'T its getting embarrassing now!:D

VICTIMS OF OUR OWN SUCCESS?

The progression from the fledgling League One to real CCC contenders last season, is evident, even for biased Derby fans.

So from a relegation scrap to a scrap at the top of the CCC, and with unbeaten away runs, and fantastic home runs, and don't take my word for it, football pundits rated Forest last season ie scintillating V WBA.

We have progressed really quickly and the wait for signings and players going out, is that the right quality IS needed to take the next step.

Players will have to go out, Smith not the club IDOL but a goodlad and loyal No2, we move on and look for better standard to achieve the dream.

And before you take the P, you are doing just the same but looking at CCC stability.

ON WE GO! This is the third season of the 2 to 3 years GUT FEELING and even you, know that last season we were close, and with the right and only the right quality additions we can be a top CCC team!:D

And if not we have the medals of honour to savour for the rest of our lives, and of that you shall and will remain ForeverGreen.:D

See this is why we get bored with the mundane posts, Paul Smith being transfer listed and you can't manage a straight forward opinion on that subject without bringing out the same old crap. I'l wait till Red Fever comes back on.

Why is that same old crap?

We have progressed really quickly and the wait for signings and players going out, is that the right quality IS needed to take the next step.

Players will have to go out, Smith not the club IDOL but a goodlad and loyal No2, we move on and look for better standard to achieve the dream.

Because you don't agree?

I try and post a football reply and what you get?

WHATS CRAP ABOUT IT, can you explain oh Football God of knowledge:D

Archived