Paul Smith Transfer Listed

Day

I didn't even read past the first sentence so I didn't realise that "Smith not the club IDOL but a goodlad and loyal No2, we move on and look for better standard to achieve the dream." was tucked away inbetween all the crap.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smith can't get a look in while Camp is around. At 30 he's not happy to be no 2. I do expect us to bring in another keeper at some point but with Darlow & O'brien we have cover for Camp untill we get someone in. But don't forget Smith has not gone anywhere yet. I was hoping to see some new faces arrive by now, but we are after top signings & they are not easy to secure. It may be that we don't see a lot of movement until the season starts or the transfer window is about to shut. The teams that need the money will sell & hopefully we wil see some new players arrive.

The choice of Cohen at left back is an easy one we came 3rd with him playing there.

Why transfer list him now tho? I'm thinking it has something to do with the Lyon game, Billy must have known who was in and out of his plans weeks ago, seems strange timing to transfer list him.

Bywater's prone to a few ric's aswell. Like running to take a throw in when we were 1 down with a minute to go.

Only to throw it to an unready Derby player who had it taken off his toe and scored into an empty net.

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10308,00.html

Not the best preseason based on results.

But McCleary did his chances the world of good with two goals today. Another winger striker to cover for Anderson. Also good to see 2 fit center halfs take the field. All in all i'm happy. Burnley away will be a hard test, but Billy will have them up for it.

It's like Christmas waiting to see who Forest will bring in.

With Reds boss Billy Davies continuing to make the case for new faces, the name of Michael Tonge has entered the fray.

The 27-year-old midfielder looks unlikely to play much first-team football at Stoke City this season and The People suggest that both Forest and Derby want him on a season-long loan

Leon Best meanwhile, long linked with a move to his hometown club while at Coventry, is set to be allowed out on loan by Newcastle United according to reports.

The Irish international striker made a £2m move to Tyneside in January but struggled to make an impact with the Championship winners.

Forest are also keen to take flying winger Jermaine Johnson from Sheffield Wednesday but despite some well-publicised financial problems at Hillsborough, manager Alan Irvine has said: “If other clubs think there is a fire sale on here, they can think again.

Archived